Crown design after custom abutment design exocad.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
well, when I am "tied" to doing OEM, I don't really have a choice in where I manufacture.. a base/zir/zir restoration doesn't do it.
$145 + $40 + $40 + shipping + shipping.. not an option financially

I outsource my milling for Zir to Haus.. Straumann mills my abutments only, and I will be milling zirconia locally soon, or possibly myself. soon.

it is complete BullS*it that we are still locked out of anything reasonable for designing and manufacturing over custom abutments..

and

as if moving from 3Sheep to EXO isn't painful enough.. Straumann and Nobel are "just now" getting an EXO workflow/ submission tool?
HUH?

5 months in, and implant cases are rolling in.. 50/50.. OEM/ TRU abutment...
Straumann OEM "is" my local market and I'll take every single one.. 2 NC's for pickup at 10:30

Last edited:
tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
You can mill your own abutments with original straumann pre-mills and design crowns/bridged on top of them and send those files whoever can mill titanium and zirconia. What is the problem?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
right.. but where we mill isn't the issue. its still a Straumann with a ridiculous workflow.. you can carve blanks as well.. not into that either.. but I have been because ive been double billed on cadcam orders. up till now anyway..

IMG_7144.jpeg
IMG_7145.jpeg

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Straumann will not let you send the file for the abutment if it is set up as split. thats what im saying here...
you can design just fine.. just not upload... does you NO GOOD.

needs to be set up the way it is on screen. sorry. it's bs. but thats what im saying.

set up as coping... apply zero on the cutabck and you will have a final crown when you design over sub structure..
for screw retained follow Adam Rutherfords screwmentable video

edit: make sure your abutments are in production before sending off for zir
I can make a straumann video if you guys would like?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I can make a straumann video if you guys would like?
that would be awesome..
didn't have any problems sending the last 4, but it was a serious pita before that..

D

Dwayne

Reaction score
Straumann will not let you send the file for the abutment if it is set up as split. thats what im saying here...
you can design just fine.. just not upload... does you NO GOOD.

needs to be set up the way it is on screen. sorry. it's bs. but thats what im saying.

set up as coping... apply zero on the cutabck and you will have a final crown when you design over sub structure..
for screw retained follow Adam Rutherfords screwmentable video

edit: make sure your abutments are in production before sending off for zir
I see how this works with individual crowns, but not for bridges. How do you get proposed pontics to be populated into the design?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
if i remember right, you can't.
if your scans are complete, you design over two abutments with 2 copings. save the scene with abutments as an stl, create a new order (bridge) and import... i do a separate scan body scan as well as separate gingiva scan.... you will need to cut/delete and close holes at both ends of the abutments to make a clean shell/bottom

you will want to import both the regular and the gingiva scans

Top Bottom