Denture Teeth

C

CShof

Reaction score
I'm looking to a order lot of teeth and I wanted to know which company people have found to have the best price and shipping charges. I'm specifically looking for Classic and Portrait teeth.

Thanks,
Chris

CloudPeakDL

CloudPeakDL

Reaction score
I use Zahn; They have tooth departments spread over the US and I'm able to get next day UPS; shipping is $5 if amount is over $100. Don't know what a bulk shippment would be; I have an account and just have to call or fax the order in and not mess with payment info every time. I order as needed keeping a small amount of common shades and molds on hand for repairs. I use Potrait IPN for the most part.
Hope this helps

yooper886

yooper886

Reaction score
I do not order many only because I prefer Ivoclar teeth but when I do I use Patterson Dental Supply and have always received free shipping even if they have to overnight it from another location from around the U.S.A.

C

CShof

Reaction score
Is Patterson usually willing to match Zahn's prices?

yooper886

yooper886

Reaction score
Never checked about matching prices. I was never really concerned about it since I probably order less then 20 sets a year with them. Plus our salesman has always been really helpful and matched or beaten the prices from other companies on any equipment and supplies I have ordered through him so I was always happy to give him a little more business than search out for better prices.

CloudPeakDL

CloudPeakDL

Reaction score
I can hook you up with my Zahn rep out of Denver; her name is Marita and you can see if she will work a deal with a large order.

CloudPeakDL

CloudPeakDL

Reaction score
Just got a Zahn flier and if you purchase a huge amount of teeth you get your choice from two items free. Have to jump through hoops and send proof of purchase to Dentsply but free is sometimes free.

C

CShof

Reaction score
What!!? I just placed an order for over $2000 worth of teeth and Zahn didn't mention a thing to me. Teeth are being shipped in a tooth cabinet directly from Dentsply, so they should have my proof of purchase. What exactly did the flier say?

CloudPeakDL

CloudPeakDL

Reaction score
The flier was for about $5,000 - 7,000 in teeth- sorry.

Brian

Brian

Reaction score
What!!? I just placed an order for over $2000 worth of teeth and Zahn didn't mention a thing to me. Teeth are being shipped in a tooth cabinet directly from Dentsply, so they should have my proof of purchase. What exactly did the flier say?

Just wondering; why Dentsply? (side note: I represent NO company)

Did you look @ the Blue Line from Ivoclar?
waxtrin.jpg

Last edited:
C

CShof

Reaction score
Honestly I've just never used any Ivoclar teeth. Every lab I've worked at has used mainly Portraits and Classics, its what I'm used to.

Other brands have come across my bench from time to time, some had quality issues and others that did have good quality weren't distributed from a supplier who will take teeth back for credit. However I'm certainly not married to any tooth brand and if I can find something better I'm certainly willing to give it a try.

yooper886

yooper886

Reaction score
I agree with the Ivoclar teeth. If I am not mistaken I believe they are less expensive then the portraits plus now they offer 18 popular moulds of Dentsply. I would at least take a look at them before choosing one brand as your main offering.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Oh goodie, I get to play the patriot here.........Dentsply is the supplier that said screw you lab technicians, we are building a lab.......oh by the way, we built that lab in China to compete against you as well. Now we're your competition and your still buying teeth from us.......got you fooled.
JDT Unbound

yooper886

yooper886

Reaction score
Oh goodie, I get to play the patriot here.........Dentsply is the supplier that said screw you lab technicians, we are building a lab.......oh by the way, we built that lab in China to compete against you as well. Now we're your competition and your still buying teeth from us.......got you fooled.
JDT Unbound

Good point Rob, that is something I forgot about. Then again there is only a couple of products I use from Dentsply so I never worried about it much from my standpoint.

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
I also use Ivoclar, nearly exclusively [I am NOT affiliated with ANY company]. Shipping is now $8.00 for overnight, usually before 10:30 am arrival. I like the "PE" (Pearl effect) teeth the best - they are a 4 layer tooth and more European (read "realistic") style tooth. The Blue Line is their newer line and these are a 3-layer tooth system created for the "American" veneer-or-bleach-my-teeth market. The Blue Line Plus system simply includes several moulds taken from the Dentsply system. I have a fairly good stock of broken sets on hand for repairs and some partials. I order the sets as I need them (usually 2 times per week) making it easier to get the exact color and size I want. This way I am not tempted to find a "good fit" or something that is "close enough" or settling for an apathetic compromize.
Portrait teeth are, in my honest opinion, very ugly. The incisal edge of the central incisors have the most fake, "Lego-toy", mechanical looking mammelons. Finally, many dental schools are jumping ship from supplying Dentsply teeth for their technique labs and making the switch to Ivoclar or some other source. Dentists usually stick with materials they use in dental school unless they open their eyes and look for better choices. The Vita (ie Physiodens) teeth are also very nice. Unless the person is smiling or laughing, the mandibular anterior teeth are the teeth that show the most. Look at these teeth when comparing moulds for realism.
In this day of cosmetic, quality dentistry, shouldn't teeth, INCLUDING DENTURES, look like teeth?

Last edited:
Brian

Brian

Reaction score
I echo CPD there on that post. Also one thing to consider? Are you a one man band? If so why outlay 2g's of capital?

I bought an 8 drawer of Artic for provisionals, repairs and what not... The rest I just order as needed. (Shawn's Dental has the best price on Pysio's BTW.)

The PE's from Ivoclar are really nice, however if you re-contour the teeth I have found they loose value, MHO..

The Blue Lines have kind of fit the bill all the way around. $23 bucks a 1x6 and $15 something for a 1x8.. Now the new Trio's are $17, but hell with the time spent in set-up and occl scheme;well Worth it! And don't forget the form selector that the doc's can use chairside. (added value)

Now if you really want some drop dead, pull out the stops? Check out Candulor's Physio Star!

Remember, separate yourself and be as lean as possible.

Last edited:
CloudPeakDL

CloudPeakDL

Reaction score
I have been weening myself off of Dentsply products maybe now it the time to switch teeth. How are the Artic? Do they look reasonable good and who sells them.

Brian

Brian

Reaction score
been using the Artics by Heraeus for 2 years now and no problems, I think their $3.85 or $4.00 a card. They look too good IMHO.. I actually like them over their Premium tooth. Not real sure on the wear factor?

Brian

Brian

Reaction score
Here is a provisional immediate using the Artic, keep in mind there is a finger in the mouth and she has shifted so thats not the correct occl.
101806 009.jpg

L

labdude

Reaction score
Hi,
Just wanted to post the actual article from Robs link....
I am at a loss for words on this move. Jensen says he's not in competition, then describes how he competes. Idiot.

Manufacturer or Competitor?
By Cassandra Corcoran

DENTSPLY Prosthetics officials set the dental laboratory industry abuzz when they announced the company had invested in a Chinese dental laboratory and would begin offering finished restorations to its U.S. dental laboratory customers. DENTSPLY did not buy Prident International Inc., outright, but instead became a partner by investing a significant amount of money into Prident. DENTSPLY officials refused to disclose how much of an interest the company owns in the laboratory, but said it is enough that DENTSPLY has a significant impact on the material used and the quality of restorations produced.

Reaction to DENTSPLY’s move was swift. Within a week of the announcement at the CAL Lab meeting during the Chicago Midwinter Meetings, the industry’s only publicly traded chain of dental laboratories severed ties with DENTSPLY Prosthetics. National Dentex criticized Dentply’s move as going from manufacturer to competitor.

“National Dentex does not believe DENTSPLY's action of making finished product in China and distributing it in the United States is in the best interests of the U. S. based dental laboratory industry. Our issue is not offshore,” said National Dentex President and CEO Dave Brown. “Our issue is with a major dental manufacturer that we have all supported for years, entering our area of the dental industry. We have over 1,900 employees at 41 laboratories in the United States and we believe that DENTSPLY’s action jeopardizes their livelihood. In response to these concerns, National Dentex believes that to continue to do business with DENTSPLY would in effect support their actions. We, therefore, have decided to cease doing any further business with DENTSPLY.”

National Dentex, which reported $136 million in sales last year, is not the only laboratory to walk away from DENTSPLY. BonaDent, which has 150 employees, is replacing DENTSPLY products with those of other manufacturers, according to Daniele Bonafiglia Wirth, BonaDent’s director of finance. Bruce Bonafiglia, CDT, who owns BonaDent and Danaren Dental Laboratory, has been a loud voice arguing against U.S. laboratories not disclosing that a restoration has been manufactured offshore. However, the laboratories would have stopped using DENTSPLY’s products even if the company had chosen to buy a laboratory in the U.S.

“Whether DENTSPLY opened a lab in China, Mexico or St. Louis, we would not support them. We don't buy products from a company/manufacturer that we also compete with,” said Bonafiglia Wirth. “DENTSPLY entering the laboratory business is in direct competition with what we do.”

DENTSPLY Prosthetics Vice President and General Manager Steve Jenson argues that the DENTSPLY laboratory will not compete with U.S. dental laboratories. The DENTSPLY laboratory will act as an outsource laboratory providing high quality restorations made with 510K-compliant materials at a low cost to DENTSPLY’s U.S. dental laboratory customers. The laboratory will only offer finished PFMs, cast crown and bridges and Vitallium® partials. The outsourcing service will not include Cercon® and Trubyte® products in completed full or processed partial dentures.

Top Bottom