Denture practical

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Do you think they would notice if during the wax up I planed the arches to create "all the room" in the world, I mean they waxups aren't removed. Save a good deal of time selectively grinding intaglios that are too long.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
It's been so long now since I took the test, but I believe you will have to process a denture to take with you, using the models provided. Next you'll have to take most of your lab equipment with you, make a stabilized maxillary baseplate, do a full denture setup, and after the administrator breaks the finished denture you brought with you, you'll have to do a maxillary midline fracture repair and add a denture tooth. The hardest part of the test, at least for me, was that I spent way too much time working on the denture I was bringing with me. There will also be people there freaking out like it's the end of the earth, you need to stay in your own "zone" and tune everything else out.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Oh yeah, one more thing and this is my own personal thoughts. You are at the whim of the people judging the work, they don't stay the same and unless your work is 100%, then your grade can go either way.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Oh yeah, one more thing and this is my own personal thoughts. You are at the whim of the people judging the work, they don't stay the same and unless your work is 100%, then your grade can go either way.
Ya, I have improved significantly since my last time taking it. You don't have to process your wax up anymore. They don't even remove it from the base so I was like well instead of grind out intaglios just quickly plane the ridge facially and apically.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I don't think they are looking for perfection an the waxup as there are so many different "camps" on what the perfect waxup should be. They are however looking for function and averages.

P

paul sarratt cdt

Reaction score
As long as your casts are mounted correctly and cleanly and your set up is working and balancing, you might get dinged for a few contact points when they check it but from what i see you should be fine. I did the practical a little over three years ago and thought I did crappy but turns out I did quite well. I practiced the same set up so many times I could practically do it with my eyes closed. Good luck but i think you should nail it.

Alan JDL

Alan JDL

Reaction score
To save time I ground all the basal surfaces of the teeth before taking the test and just put the teeth back on the cards. I also don't see why you couldn't just make a putty matrix of the dentures you are processing, and as long as you are using the same teeth your set up is basically done for you. Not sure if they would frown on that but no one was really watching over my shoulder too much. Nor did anyone say how the work should be done.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
To save time I ground all the basal surfaces of the teeth before taking the test and just put the teeth back on the cards. I also don't see why you couldn't just make a putty matrix of the dentures you are processing, and as long as you are using the same teeth your set up is basically done for you. Not sure if they would frown on that but no one was really watching over my shoulder too much. Nor did anyone say how the work should be done.
LOL Hmmmm epic.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
wonder if that would be accurate down to point contacts.

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
I have a disc containing pictures of what they are looking for.

Top Bottom