Denture practical

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
@JKraver how long are you waiting to retest? They have another one close to me jan 30', just not sure ill have progressed far enough by then. Like to feel like I can pass with 100% next round

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I have to take it before April or retake my comprehensive.

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
Oh i thought they give a four year window. Maybe i misread fail letter lol

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
Ohh ok. Well good luck next round. Sure you nail it this time

Alan JDL

Alan JDL

Reaction score
So I am taking the test this Friday and Saturday. More worried about the comprehensive test than anything, don't really know much about crown and bridge. Dentures for the practical came out pretty good though so hopefully I will pass.

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
Any recommendations on Light cure material for custom tray? I scored poorly on the "finish" of mine. Come to find out later they should be polished, i had no idea. The clear I used looked rough.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Light cure may be fine. Not sure how it polishes up though. Here is a couple photos of implant trays
"PMMA", the material is from Fricke. Polishes up very well. IMG_1270.jpg IMG_1272.jpg

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
@droberts those look great!* Pmma *So they are run through processing? Is it a pack, pour , or injection? Thanks for feedback, always appreciated. Happy new year!!

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
@droberts those look great!* Pmma *So they are run through processing? Is it a pack, pour , or injection? Thanks for feedback, always appreciated. Happy new year!!

Polymer and monomer mixed in a dixie cup. Once in a dough stage, rolled out between two cellophane
sheets into a flat surface of correct thickness. Hand formed over the blocked out cast using wax as the
block out material. Cut borders using a pair of scissors, quickly form a handle, and then place in
pressure curing pot.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
So I am taking the test this Friday and Saturday. More worried about the comprehensive test than anything, don't really know much about crown and bridge. Dentures for the practical came out pretty good though so hopefully I will pass.
[/QUOTE
Looks very presentable....

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
I failed one of mine( years ago) , I survived and so did you. Congrats!. Alan .P.S. We used to wax up tray and "lift" it , and then process it as a denture base. Only tricky part is handle, kept it small and a little vertical. They polished up just like dentures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Last edited:
JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
They told me not to polish custom tray. I didn't and they scored me low for roughness. lol I would of appealed if that was the only thing I scored just too low on.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Whats the purpose of having an impression tray that's polished to a high shine. Seems to me impression material would not adhrre. Being smooth is one thing, polished is another.

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
Whats the purpose of having an impression tray that's polished to a high shine. Seems to me impression material would not adhrre. Being smooth is one thing, polished is another.

Really not sure. I guess presentation but I scored poorly for my custom tray so looking for solutions.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
@dmonwaxa 100% correct you want intaglio somewhat rough to prevent displacement, and tongue side not rough to cause irritation. I don't understand what they are looking for.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I made mine no different than I would give to a Dr. other than the useless rests and I have never received a word of complaint from a Dr.

Top Bottom