D700 3shape 3d scanner problem

A

antimon

Reaction score
Hello, for the last couple of weeks I’ve been having problems with scanning (D700 3shape).
Whatever I scan either its a lower or upper jaw,oclussion or a die I get error, and it doesn’t scan properly.
Picture attached: https://ibb.co/ncWZRYv
If the axis have been moved, is it something I can fix myself?
Thanks for any advice.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
IIRC, the D700 has an inductive proximity sensor on the X axis, located on the left side right under the stepper motor. Might want check it out if it works properly and the holding nut if tight... and if the linear guide moves left and right with ease as you manually rotate the lead screw. There's a "popellor" thingy on the stepper motor axle which activates the sensor as it swings by, it should be attached firmly without any play. Make sure the tooth wheel pulleys are firmly attached to their respective shafts, there's a worm-screw (or more) fixing them to the shaft. Check the belt as well.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
IIRC, the D700 has an inductive proximity sensor on the X axis, located on the left side right under the stepper motor. Might want check it out if it works properly and the holding nut if tight... and if the linear guide moves left and right with ease as you manually rotate the lead screw. There's a "popellor" thingy on the stepper motor axle which activates the sensor as it swings by, it should be attached firmly without any play. Make sure the tooth wheel pulleys are firmly attached to their respective shafts, there's a worm-screw (or more) fixing them to the shaft. Check the belt as well.
You're Sooooo much beyond Zero, Zero. Amazing talents you possess! Always glad to see your input 🙂

A

antimon

Reaction score
Thank you, will check it out and update if I can :)

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
It is toast, i think if i recall that error is a linear drive issue. Try what Zero said, if not kiss it good bye and see what if any they will give you a trade in for. also fyi d700 is dead on 2022, but 2021 it is still good.

A

antimon

Reaction score
2020 user, I didn’t try fixing it because lack of time, but I will if I catch some time.
Medit T710 is incoming, so I hope it will be good.