Custom articulator interface

R

rookiee

Reaction score
We all know articulator interfaces which are already inside 3Shape software but I would like to create my own, a bit better version. Those three pins interface is crapy in my opinion since a lot of time after printing they get distorted. And I would like to make it biger, wider etc...I got one improved type but still since I got a lot of time and got some kind of fetish to learn new things myself I would need some kind of input where to start? So that in the end interface would work. In control panel I see it's made from two part but they look like tooth picks but in MB they are larger and they automatically change height while in CP they seem long. Can someone from experts give me some input, advice etc? And stay home and safe...:)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
design your own in meshmixer, solidworks, or blender.

but if you have been unsuccessful printing the 3 pin type due to warping, you will equally be so unsuccessful with other types.

sort out your printer.

R

rookiee

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that printer is an issue or if you can explain it to me what's wrong...I print them hollow on Asiga but with standard 3shape pins they are warped and with more thicker ones is way way better. Logic says to me thiner the element more warp you can expect. So not sure that it's printer issue...Seen similar on previous Formlabs so I think it's more geometry, physics etc...

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
will you also be trying to print hollow with your new interfaces?

why not add 1$ to the cost of the model and print solid instead? if you've seen it solves stability...

R

rookiee

Reaction score
I see your point but I would still like to do and learn something by myself, I could always print solid models...:)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
as i see you are with 3shape, you will need only to remember that attachments can be either additive or subtractive, so build accordingly. additive means the attachment will be added to the model, subtractive means it will be subtracted from the model, meaning it will cut it out.

B

Beldent Inc.

Reaction score
I use 123Design to create the STL file for the custom articulators, then compare them to their own files and try to place them in the same way so they react the same way.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I see your point but I would still like to do and learn something by myself, I could always print solid models...:)
Just contact your reseller and have them install you a better one...

Top Bottom