crowns/puck assumption

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
here is puck I started. yeah there are a bunch of anterior teeth but there or some molars and I am already at 28 units. so yeah its not impossible, just need the experience KATANA-22MM-HT-1-SlotHolder 3 - Ronde 98_2019-06-03_13-26.nest.nested (2).png

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
here is puck I started. yeah there are a bunch of anterior teeth but there or some molars and I am already at 28 units. so yeah its not impossible, just need the experience View attachment 33506

How many do you mill at a time? Does that make a difference when you can mill sprue to sprue, unit to unit?
What thickness of sprues are you using?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i agree with sideshowbob, if you know what you r doing 25-30 units in ZR is definately not unrealistic. U must be using crappy ZR or a a crappy mill because like sideshowbob i would be more than willing to share pics of puck i have nested. not hard to fit that many units at all when using a good mill good ZR and a good nesting software.
these guys arent using crap zirc or mills. both stand up guys. just a matter of tweaking some things. i was only getting 18-22 for awhile until i adjusted some things.

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
depends on the work flow. usually i mill a few at a time, and I usually 2 or 3 times a week will do an "overnight mill" which usually will consist of anywhere from 8-12 units. It will definitely make a difference if you are milling multiple units to overlap the circles and if u have too connect each units with sprues. my thickness of sprues depends on the size and thickness of each unit. If i am connecting multiple units i like to use a 2.3-2.5mm sprue. yeah it might be thick, but if you have someone or if you r good at green state work you can smooth out sprues nicely without ruining the crown design that your designer worked hard to get. takes sometime to get the hang of it. Trust me when i first started i tried connected multiple units together and always had units fall off until i figured out the right size sprues to use and how to place each unit in the puck. Hope this helps. if you need or want any more info on how my Technic is let me know I would be more than willing to help you out.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Well, I might stand corrected here, but not being one to apologize, Ill have to say...
You guys are saving enough you certainly could toss a donation toward Travis for providing us this site.
Good job guys.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Well, I might stand corrected here, but not being one to apologize, Ill have to say...
You guys are saving enough you certainly could toss a donation toward Travis for providing us this site.
Good job guys.
i typically donate. didnt even know my subscription had ended. @Travis are we supposed to get a notification?

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
I would love to donate to this site, but I am just a working technician living paycheck to paycheck trying to support my kid and wife. havent gotten a raise in over 5 years lol

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
depends on the work flow. usually i mill a few at a time, and I usually 2 or 3 times a week will do an "overnight mill" which usually will consist of anywhere from 8-12 units. It will definitely make a difference if you are milling multiple units to overlap the circles and if u have too connect each units with sprues. my thickness of sprues depends on the size and thickness of each unit. If i am connecting multiple units i like to use a 2.3-2.5mm sprue. yeah it might be thick, but if you have someone or if you r good at green state work you can smooth out sprues nicely without ruining the crown design that your designer worked hard to get. takes sometime to get the hang of it. Trust me when i first started i tried connected multiple units together and always had units fall off until i figured out the right size sprues to use and how to place each unit in the puck. Hope this helps. if you need or want any more info on how my Technic is let me know I would be more than willing to help you out.

Winner for the helpful, informative and honest post.
Thank you, deadhead :)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Good job guys.
there ya go ya dirty hippie

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Yup, he sends out the "mechanic" to gently ease the money out of our hands, his name is JMN...knock, knock :)
dang! that guy knows where i live! LOL

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
ok. here’s a wax puck with 34 milled and room to go. E1B472BD-46B8-4007-AFA5-61CEA398775A.jpeg

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Yup, he sends out the "mechanic" to gently ease the money out of our hands, his name is JMN...knock, knock :)
Hey, you're giving me a good reputation. I don't kill anyone. But isn't amazing what you can live through...

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
here’s two zirc pucks being milled today. full one has 28 units milled. one with some room has 25 so far

43430F6F-3674-4037-9FFF-99F288969E4C.jpeg 042C7C28-390C-4AE9-9670-8568F1130A6C.jpeg

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
ok. here’s a wax puck with 34 milled and room to go. View attachment 33508

That looks like something I could do without losing to many units in my learning curve. A good starting point, as you do have some solid spaces
in both of your post examples. Thank you, sidebob :)

Top Bottom