crowns/puck assumption

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
Donator
Greetings all.

Wondering what you mill owners assume as the number of units you'll get from a puck for material costs purposes.

We used to charge for the metal, but now we do one size pricing even though there is less molars per puck than bicispids or centrals. If you can charge molar prices for premolars why not, right?

Has anyone bothered trying a price model other than more for anterior/less for posterior?

The increased ability to accuratly quote out a situation has certainly been nice, but I also wonder if that isn't hurting the idea that we are artisians producing custom work and helping the idea that we're pushing a button and with rare exception a crown is a crown.

Thoughts?

Jason D

Jason D

The only other pricing model I have seen is more for Multiple units or splinted units.
Ie: 1-6units $129. 6+units $149
Or: single unit $129, bridge unit $159.

The basic assumptions this kind of pricing promotes is that a larger case is more complex therefore deserves a higher price.
The bridge vs unsplinted unit rationale is of course flawed cuz we make Far more profit on a 3 unit bridge than on 3 singles, in fact we would have to raise our prices if we did fewer bridge units. The pricing seems like it would imvite pushback, but since dentists charge full price for a Pontic that they do nothing for (compared to prepping a tooth for an abutment),I think even they would see the hypocrisy of arguing against giving a larger percentage to the lab on bridges lol

I don’t use either, it’s just what I have seen.

user name

user name

Donator
I think my Drs like simple. I charge one price for FCZ, one price for anything layered...PFZ, LiSi, e.Max.
(Pressables are the upper price even if I dont layer).

Im around 18 to 20 per puck Zr.

Ive found a solid plan for improving profits...

Work more.

Contraluz

Contraluz

but now we do one size pricing even though there is less molars per puck than bicispids or centrals
At the end it is a miss mash of molars, anteriors etc, it evens out.

Also, I don't think the pure cost of the puck is really relevant. If you take an average of 20 units, per puck, your costs are from 5-10 dollars per unit, depending on your brand selection and puck size (thickness). All the associated cost like labor, depreciation, initial investment, etc are much more relevant.

Reactions: JMN
PCDL

PCDL

We average 24-27 units/puck. My staff doesnt use islands for support, but rather beefs up connector diameter for milling struts. When they are done I get a hollow circle.

OpalEssence

OpalEssence

We average 24-27 units/puck. My staff doesnt use islands for support, but rather beefs up connector diameter for milling struts. When they are done I get a hollow circle.
isn't advisable to leave islands to keep the puck firm enough not to break during milling ?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

i estimate 20-22 units per puck and routinely get 24-28 units per puck. not all pucks obviously but most. since my pricing is based off the 20-22 per puck any extras is a few extra bucks in the account at the end of the month.

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!
    Top Bottom