P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
Thanks for all the updates RAS.

R

RAS

Reaction score
June/july should be the first round on new stuff to the market with more a few months after. Tons of new scanners are in development.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Which one will be the game changer?

R

RAS

Reaction score
from my perspective there are a few games that need to be changed. Ease of use with doctor shakey hands. Design software compatibility with open archetecture. And last but not least what do you make the models on inhouse. Who will provide a total solution of all 3 and train the doc and lab to work seamlessly. Portable or not there is a difference in real accuracy (not stated accuracy) between 1 unit 6 units and full mouth scans. Same goes with model fabrication on various systems. Some are more consistant across the build area than others. Milling does not seem to be the way to go.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
" Milling does not seem to be the way to go. "

Do you mean milling of models?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I still think a wax model would be faster and cheaper to make from the scan. Then all you have to do is silicone dupe the wax and pour the stone.

Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Reaction score
I still think a wax model would be faster and cheaper to make from the scan. Then all you have to do is silicone dupe the wax and pour the stone.

By doing that you have now tainted the digital consistancy, accuracy of duplicating material and expansion of die stone are the main 2 variables i can think of, better to keep all processes and steps automated/digital, and "tweaks" that are needed are simply adjusting parameters......can't do that with pouring die stone into basically a traditional impression.
Streamlining the work flow would still be a benefit even with wax printing models.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I see your point,However all sub structures would still be made from the digital file.At that point all we need the model for is veneering of the sub structure and checking the contacts as we do already.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi
I attended a Clone 3D meeting in Chicago Feb. 2009.
I signed up to be a distributor at that time at a cost of $1000.
The system was due to release late summer 2009.
I have not been informed of any new date for release.
I expect there are FDA delays as well as getting the system to produce accurate models.
I should really try to find out what's gong on.
I will keep you posted if I get any more details.
Bob

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Thanks Bob,

I look forward to your updates.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
I have called and there is a line forming...get in line boys. After the presentation in Chicago, I couldn't get to the rep fast enough. VERY VERY strong business structure on this product.....I have a mess of "war tactics" for this thing if it actually turns out to be a decent wand. I have been terrorizing this company since Monday 8am......I finally trapped the guy today, added me to list.

Beta testing began in December and I know one lab who has been scanning ONLY IMPLANTS. Release date 2-3 months away...... between this and the $12,500 ST scanner with the new faster guts from Jensen, mark my words, these could be game changers.

So tell, us...how has this been working out for you???? Things shoiuld be getting ready to explode and rock our world any day now, right?

:)

J

[email protected]

Reaction score
Cyrtina IOS, Clon 3D

The Cyrtina IOS is the same scanner as Clon3D from MHT. The scanner is distributed by Oratio BV, an innovative industry thet produces her own materials, equipment and software and custom dental devices of any kind. Oratio BV has been involved with the scanner for 3 years and is the only company that has a compatible scan-design software solution for the MHT scanner operable. The versatile software "CyrtinaCAD30" is free :) and has updates without license fee :). You can design crown and bridges, steg constructions, abutments and supra structures etc.:) The last innovation is the production of digitally veneered crown and bridges by the Primero process :). www.cyrtina.nl

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So is there any new news to share here?