Clon 3d

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Sign-up Cost: $1000.00

We will collect this once we are ready to move forward with clinical units.

Monthly Rental Fee: $350.00 approximately (48 month term)

Doctor Scan Fee: $25.00 per scan

Lab Receive Fee: $10.00 per scan

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
That's an interesting plan. So for a dentist in my home part of NC...thats

~ 20 fixed units a month

1000+350*12 + 12*20*35. $13,600 for the first year and 12,600 after for a practice most like the ones in my area. I wonder how that stacks up to the other systems.

G

groovygirl

Reaction score
Guys it is all that and more trust me....Stellar is the word...

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
c'mon groovy girl, you can't come in with a line like that without droppin' some knowledge on us :D. It's like saying "I have something really cool to tell you....." and then stopping. Give us the scoop! Tell us what/how you know. etc Also, welcome to the forum.

G

groovygirl

Reaction score
Thank you...for your hospitality. I have first hand experience with MANY of the intraoral scanners this one is the keeper. It sells itself by doing away with all the reasons why clinicians dont buy the others. More importantly I get the lab in house scanners for production but we all now that those can only be good if the original impression is good. whats that saying **** in **** out? This is accountability, accuracy and most of all ease of use.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It looks cool and the numbers look cool but that's all they got so far.

G

groovygirl

Reaction score
Oh no...you must really look. "Cool and the numbers" you can see this without loupes.

T

tthmkr

Reaction score
We've had experience with the Clon 3D IODIS unit prototype and so far we have been impressed. The prototype that we had had some issues, but we saw the production scanner in Chicago and the issues have been ironed out. Couple things to remember: No cart; connects to a laptop and power supply that Clon 3D provides. No powder required to scan in the mouth unless it is something shiny like implants or full-cast crown.

We've experienced some of the same stuff in waiting for the unit to be ready, but we're willing to wait. As to whoever paid 2.5k....I doubt they paid that to Clon. They are only asking $1000 for sign-up costs.

G

groovygirl

Reaction score
Well said....the others will be wagging their cart and versatility behind them. Great stuff and will only get better

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We've had experience with the Clon 3D IODIS unit prototype and so far we have been impressed. The prototype that we had had some issues, but we saw the production scanner in Chicago and the issues have been ironed out. Couple things to remember: No cart; connects to a laptop and power supply that Clon 3D provides. No powder required to scan in the mouth unless it is something shiny like implants or full-cast crown.

We've experienced some of the same stuff in waiting for the unit to be ready, but we're willing to wait. As to whoever paid 2.5k....I doubt they paid that to Clon. They are only asking $1000 for sign-up costs.

So are you one of the Beta labs?

Keep us posted,would you?

Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Reaction score
It sounded like the margin marking was done on the wands laptop, before the file is uploaded to their "holding tank" where you then buy the right to it for $2.50/$10.00. So it seems like the doctor is the one who marks the margin......or an assistant.
no easy task.

cleaning up a raw scan, marking margin, sectioning dies.

You mean they have all this software running and working?

It is a big job to make those programs.

R

RAS

Reaction score
clone is made by MHT from Italy. I have used the data for 2 years now. The latest upgrade was no powder and the claim was that the data was cleaner. What I have seen was not very good. Tons holes in the data. The scanner is not able to get at undercuts well ie contacts of adjacent teeth. I have software to smooth and reorient in y for export. They stich data to close holes but in comparison to others it is not so interesting.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
What is interesting is it's portability.Are there any other similar hand held(portable) scanners that you are aware of?

R

RAS

Reaction score
what you mean by portable is no docking station? if so the problem with putting all the stuff in the device is that you get a really big wand...impossible to get the facial side of molars as there is not the room needed in many cases. Typodont models are great but people are more difficult to deal with. Danaher purchased dimentional photonics late last year. This one looks promising. I was trained on 3Shape Trios and liked it. The data is very nice. The business model has not yet been fully developed in the U.S. they have 3 price breaks. with and without click and then pay for annual agreement or outright purchase. it seems like 25k or a few bucks less up to 50k or a few bucks more. Distribution is like this. They have 2 global partners that paid a bunch upfront and have veto power for 18 months? i think on regionals. I liked the software and the way it works as in touching the tooth with the scanner (recessed optics) it was easy to use.

R

RAS

Reaction score
just talked to a friend in Canada that will test D4D and use 3shape to manage it. I have seen the data but not the scanner in person. yet another option. they have had serious delays in coming to market and lost a bunch of staff a while ago. upgrade 1.95 should help with data quality. 1.95 is not available to the market yet but is portable and the claim is that it is the smallest portable one. i have not liked the margins so far. muted looking and rounded but as i say 1.95 should help.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Not ready for prime time in my book.

Last edited: