Clon 3d

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the deal with the "Clon 3d" scanner is? They have a website, a few videos on youtube and a facebook page (none of which seem to have been updates since Oct 2010). Does anyone know anything about this or have any actual hands on experience with it? I know there was a post on here way back about it. There is a website from the netherlands that has an identical intraoral scanner from a company called Cyrtina. So who is importing and rebranding from who? Here are all the links I've found. Any enlightenment would be much appreciated.

US company Website
Clon 3D - Clon 3D Progress IODIS

Their Facebook Page
Clon 3D | Facebook

An Example Video on Youtube
YouTube - ProgressIODIS.avi

The Netherlands Page
http://www.cyrtina.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1&lang=en

The Netherlands Video
YouTube - dentalcadcam's Channel

Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Reaction score
Oh my god, that thing is bigger than the iTero scanner.... I wonder if that youtube video is old and they have since made their wand smaller.....
In my opinion, just the size of the wand will keep this system obsolete.

Does anyone know what the deal with the "Clon 3d" scanner is? They have a website, a few videos on youtube and a facebook page (none of which seem to have been updates since Oct 2010). Does anyone know anything about this or have any actual hands on experience with it? I know there was a post on here way back about it. There is a website from the netherlands that has an identical intraoral scanner from a company called Cyrtina. So who is importing and rebranding from who? Here are all the links I've found. Any enlightenment would be much appreciated.

US company Website
Clon 3D - Clon 3D Progress IODIS

Their Facebook Page
Clon 3D | Facebook

An Example Video on Youtube
YouTube - ProgressIODIS.avi

The Netherlands Page
http://www.cyrtina.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1&lang=en

The Netherlands Video
YouTube - dentalcadcam's Channel

Last edited:
Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Reaction score
Hey mark or scott or someone....does "post processing" mean no need to run the scan through a "smoothing" process/program? I am refering to the youtube vid posted above...at the end they state the no post processing....and the scan itself looks very "translucent"....is this maybe because of how many data points are scanned?

neila

neila

Reaction score
What they mean is that all the processing is done in the wand. Hence the size is larger. This means that it is easy to use a laptop to drive the software. Itero uses a PC in the cart to do the processing. I imagine this will make it a lot easier to use in the dental office. I am hoping that they are able to bring this to market soon, if it can do what they claim it should be awesome. Scan soft tissue for partials, no powder etc....:)
Neil

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
I am hoping that they are able to bring this to market soon, if it can do what they claim it should be awesome. Scan soft tissue for partials, no powder etc....:)
Neil

It's been available for two years. Doesn't do anything for me.

The IOS will be under $20k. Monolithic restorations, model-less for $60 a unit. Check it out in Chicago.

Last edited:
Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Reaction score
What they mean is that all the processing is done in the wand. Hence the size is larger. This means that it is easy to use a laptop to drive the software. Itero uses a PC in the cart to do the processing. I imagine this will make it a lot easier to use in the dental office. I am hoping that they are able to bring this to market soon, if it can do what they claim it should be awesome. Scan soft tissue for partials, no powder etc....:)
Neil

Sounds more portable.....gives me many good ideas....

Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Reaction score
It's been available for two years. Doesn't do anything for me.

The IOS will be under $20k. Monolithic restorations, model-less for $60 a unit. Check it out in Chicago.

What is IOS? company?

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
IOS = Intra Oral Scanner? I think mark is saying that the standalone scanner will be available for <20K

Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Reaction score
I meant to ask what IOS? Company name he was refering to, we were talking about the Clon 3D, which brand is he talking about I wonder? The you tube video look like an IOS wand already..
IOS = Intra Oral Scanner? I think mark is saying that the standalone scanner will be available for <20K

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
I meant to ask what IOS? Company name he was refering to, we were talking about the Clon 3D, which brand is he talking about I wonder? The you tube video look like an IOS wand already..

Welcome to IOS3D Online

I.O.S. Technologies is a San Diego company, financed by Glidewell. They have a very sophisticated scanner. It will be affordable and intended for model-less restorations, but can also do full models.

Glidewell will be offering BruxZir and the "new material" for about $60 right off the scan, with no models needed. They will also be offering their own chairside mill.

Nice to see a lab stick it to Sirona for a change!

3M has a new software update on the COS, and we can do Encode type abutments using a scan of a healinf cap, but again, you can see all that in Chicago.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Mark, is this an improved version of the scanner that Glidewell had in Chicago two years ago. I got an up close demo by Jim, himself, over at the McCormick Center.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Mark, is this an improved version of the scanner that Glidewell had in Chicago two years ago. I got an up close demo by Jim, himself, over at the McCormick Center.

I'm not sure what he was showing in Chicago at the time, so I can't say. Probably though.

They will be showing it in the big booth at McCormick, and probably talking about it al Cal Lab. They will only be offering it to doctors here in So Cal to start, then opening it up.

We will most likely buy one for our dental practice here.

Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Reaction score
I was wrong on the size of this wand, looks to be between the COS and Itero wands, and at about 1lb, easy for female clinical staff to hold. Looked promising to me, although I am by no means an expert with the intricate details how this compares to the other wands, I do want to see for myself how restorations fit off these scans.....3M was mulling around the table at Chicago giving it the 'ol stink eye, as it was rather similar to the COS in terms of the live video scanning

Oh and one more thing....they are not selling to dentists direct.

Oh my god, that thing is bigger than the iTero scanner.... I wonder if that youtube video is old and they have since made their wand smaller.....
In my opinion, just the size of the wand will keep this system obsolete.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
.....3M was mulling around the table at Chicago giving it the 'ol stink eye, as it was rather similar to the COS in terms of the live video scanning

Oh and one more thing....they are not selling to dentists direct.

I thought it was a laser scanner?????????????

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
"Oh and one more thing....they are not selling to dentists direct."

These guys are on to something here.

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
Mountain Goat

Were they handing out any brochures or info?

Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Reaction score
I have called and there is a line forming...get in line boys. After the presentation in Chicago, I couldn't get to the rep fast enough. VERY VERY strong business structure on this product.....I have a mess of "war tactics" for this thing if it actually turns out to be a decent wand. I have been terrorizing this company since Monday 8am......I finally trapped the guy today, added me to list. Beta testing began in December and I know one lab who has been scanning ONLY IMPLANTS. Release date 2-3 months away...... between this and the $12,500 ST scanner with the new faster guts from Jensen, mark my words, these could be game changers.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I have heard some different stories about this company. I know of one lab that invested like 2.5k to be a distributor/rep or something. I don't know the exact details but it was supposed to be ready 6 months ago. It always seems to be a couple months off. As for cheap handheld units I am certain there will be many in the future. Time will tell but I am watching this company as well.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
no easy task.

cleaning up a raw scan, marking margin, sectioning dies.

You mean they have all this software running and working?

It is a big job to make those programs.

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
tell me about it...:D