Choosing a new 3d printer

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Hi!

I am currently using form 2 3d printer for digital waxups and different splints. As I have heard over the time the precision of the printer will decrease so I am looking for a new and faster printer. The price of the printable material is also important. What can you suggest? Are there any new printers coming out in this year? I will buy it not before at the end of the year.

Regards.

DavidW

DavidW

Reaction score
Consider milling from wax, much better speed and precision. A printer cost less than a mill but a mill has other obvious advantages if you don’t have one already.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
@tehnik no help from me other than to say I like the Avatar. Windows 10 BSOD, correct?

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
I am milling wax crowns but under digital waxup I mean printed models with digitally designed teeth over the current situation.

Consider milling from wax, much better speed and precision. A printer cost less than a mill but a mill has other obvious advantages if you don’t have one already.

DavidW

DavidW

Reaction score
We have done a few of those with our Form 2 also, they didn’t look that great . I have been thinking about printing the model then milling the proposed prosthesis with a cheap pmma

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I am currently using form 2 3d printer for digital waxups and different splints. As I have heard over the time the precision of the printer will decrease so I am looking for a new and faster printer. The price of the printable material is also important. What can you suggest? Are there any new printers coming out in this year? I will buy it not before at the end of the year.

Regards.
Just want to make sure you saw this recent one. Lots of info there if you missed it.
https://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/threads/3d-printer-inferno.27704/

P

perladent400

Reaction score
Hi!

Regards.
All materials still expensive now..
For better choice I suggest you go to the biggest dental exhibition ever IDS next march (2019) in köln Germany
Don't rush as I did you will see all the latest and make your best decisions there
Good luck

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you shouldn't have to go all the way to Germany to see new materials though. and visiting every booth is a very long walk.

when i go next year, im making my boss get me a wheelchair. hell if im going to use my own legs.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Hi!

Regards.

Contact @Glenn Kennedy . 3D Systems has a killer printer coming out in July for 10k.