Cheap Chinese surveyor?

Smitiz

Smitiz

Reaction score
Has anyone tryed one of those cheap chinese surveyors sold on ebay?

Do they work properly?

I have seen some even with Marathon micromotors, I know those are not the finest quality (the handpieces),but now I'm really just interested in the surveyor part...

I dont plan on using it much, but it will be required some times to check paralells and stuff its designed for :D :D

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
This guy will work for cash and a 24

eca86bd9ddb4136d213f05.jpg

corona

corona

Reaction score
i bought a " cheap chinese product on ebay" once . Once . I learned my lesson . The damn thing broke in less than 6 months of use . It was a pindex machine . So i thought i saved money but really just ended up throwing it away and still having to buy another.

Save your hard earned money and buy a well manufactured product that has a good reputation for longevity and use . Youll get your moneys worth in the long run .... and who knows maybe years down the road when your ready , YOU can sell it on ebay for a decent price . cheers . corona

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
I bought a pindex off e-bay from china and it is still working 4 years later. Only changed the drill bit once. Arch grinder is **** though. Vibrated all over the shop. Wax knives electric ones died after 5 mins but cost $60 delivered. I think if you can find them cheap enough they are worth a punt. Especially as a backup. Its a flip of a coin really.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Why not just look on ebay for a used Ney surveyor? That's where I got mine.

P

pincser

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am new here.
Yes, there is a couple of surveyors on ebay. Most of them is not really good. I bought one you said with marathon n7 micromotor. That surveyor have a white colour. Is not bad. Obviously not as good like the proper big brands one, but works well. It does the job. Good for starting lab, who have not much money to invest.
Only need to check wich one you will buy, becuse the white one has 2 different table where u put model for surveying. Mostly it comes with silver pins when u tight the model. Now that is not good, because it has a shape L . And sometimes can break your model edge. But there is another one wich have a brass pin. That is good. Shpe like I. So catching properly the models during thighting without any breaks. Ofcourse later on will be handy to change for a good one if u using daily.
And the marathon n7 is running under shiyang name. No more marathon at all. Actually no difference just name chage. So Shiyang N7 is cheap and works well for me almost 2 years daily. It can do alsmost everything. My experience is only not good for chromes. Not enough strong for polishing with rubber wheel. (But it is ok for brown stone or diamond trimming. )
Hope it is helps. Any question just email me: [email protected]

Smitiz

Smitiz

Reaction score
Thank you, I really didnt notice that before on the pictures when browsing :D

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
On one hand we are bitching about the outsourcing to China in our industry and then we turn around and buy equipment from China. We are exporting our neighbors job and our own if we keep doing this.

F

FillMeIn

Reaction score
Agree with Jo, if we want to whinge about the amount of work bypassing technicians in our own countries we need to support the trade from the bottom up. If you want to settle for substandard Chinese equipment to save a few quid, don't be surprised when you clients do the same with your bread and butter.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
You get what you pay for....and with cheap Chinese stuff... Well it could not be more true.
However buyer beware .. Lots of brand names are made in China... Still charging top dollar..

Buy once , buy well is my advice.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
There are many JM Ney's on ebay from $80-120, with tilt tables. Take your pick.

M

martintay

Reaction score
Most of the Chinese equipment I`ve seen is very poor , especially if it involves some type of motorization ! The quality control is shocking !!!

Top Bottom