Ceramill Motion 2 Tool usage

smvandyke

smvandyke

Reaction score
Hi, We are considering buying a Ceramill Motion 2 to do custom abutments. How many abutments can you average per set of tools? We have heard everything from 10-50. That is a big difference in tool cost per unit and just wanted to see what you guys are experiencing.

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
For implant abutments I would look for a Roland DW4 or Imes 140 or vhf.
Have a closer look on milling times for abutments! If you want to do all in one machine. Also a open cam will help you.

smvandyke

smvandyke

Reaction score
I was hoping to do Titanium abutments. When looking at the other mills I was under the impression that they were not rated for Titanium?

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
the Imes 140 does and the vhf S1 and S2 also

smvandyke

smvandyke

Reaction score
Has anyone milled abutments on the Imes 140 and if so how are they and what price does that mill usually start at. We have 2 rolands and are just looking to expand with abutments and possibly emax when needed.

Taylor

Taylor

Reaction score
I have a Cera mill, its good. About 25 to 35 min per abutment. We change the tool after 30 abutments or if needed before. Just wish I had more options for blanks, I am somewhat limited on witch implants i can cover. Also it sucks if something breaks, had to wait a few weeks for a custom part from AG. All in all its a good machine. Eventually we will convert one of our dent mills in to a wet mill. You can do up to 6 abuts. at a time on those.

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
Of course it depends on the units milled but I've heard and seen 30 to 35 Ti Abutments per set of tools. A set of tools run about $120 making it $3.50 to 4.50 a Ti Custom abutment in tool costs.

A number that I like to use is for the AG Ti Blank, final screw, and tools is a total of $60 to $65 for a Ti Custom Abutment.

If you are looking for a FDA Cleared blank/preform Ti Abutment solution that is totally turnkey I think its one of the best values on the market.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I have a Cera mill, its good. About 25 to 35 min per abutment. We change the tool after 30 abutments or if needed before. Just wish I had more options for blanks, I am somewhat limited on witch implants i can cover. Also it sucks if something breaks, had to wait a few weeks for a custom part from AG. All in all its a good machine. Eventually we will convert one of our dent mills in to a wet mill. You can do up to 6 abuts. at a time on those.
This mill is for glass ceramics only. No CA's

Taylor

Taylor

Reaction score
I also left the 2 out so he could be right. its a ceramill 2

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi, We are considering buying a Ceramill Motion 2 to do custom abutments. How many abutments can you average per set of tools? We have heard everything from 10-50. That is a big difference in tool cost per unit and just wanted to see what you guys are experiencing.
The 2MM tool does most of the cutting and is good for 20ish units. The 1MM tool is good for 40-50 Titanium abutments. The mill mills the abutments like a lathe so the accuracy and finish is awesome. There is very little post processing needed. In addition, the blank is not held in the mill from the interface so there is no load on the interface during milling. Most mills today are holding blanks from the interface end.

smvandyke

smvandyke

Reaction score
Does the Motion2 have a tool life counter? How do you know when to change them with different wear rates?

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
For implant abutments I would look for a Roland DW4 or Imes 140 or vhf.
Have a closer look on milling times for abutments! If you want to do all in one machine. Also a open cam will help you.

Absolutely hysterical !

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score

Simultaneously? Are you milling after hours? This I get. If not,..what's the big deal

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
Does the Motion2 have a tool life counter? How do you know when to change them with different wear rates?

Yes, We reset it for a second cycle and sail through the second time around no problem before replacing them

Top Bottom