Ceramill Motion 2 - milling hybrid abutments CAM and Fit

T

taylor tori

Reaction score
There are various zirconia hybrid abutments we are milling in house but not having a ton of success with it. I am using the 3 shape and the companys ti base library and milling the abutment over it
EX. Strauman local milling, Biohorizons, Implant Direct.
We use the Ceramill motion 2 to mill these out.
1st My question is... is there any settings I should be using to avoid breaking the abutments.. I m making sure minimum requirements in 3 shape are being met.. But the abutments are still breaking a lot of the time.
2nd The split files never fit with zirconia abutments! I am increasing cement gaps and playing with settings but they never seems to fit(too tight) ... Is anyone using 3 shape, and the Ceramill and successfully doing split files with this set up? If so any advice or settings?

Thanks everyone!

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
What product type do you import them as? Crown or abutment?
After you export from 3Shape and subsequently import into AG Match, do you make sure to keep the STL file with the .pts files for margin info?
This will help.

When calculating the tool path, you will get options to correct the fit (in + 10um and -10um increments). This will vary from implant type to the next, as each manufacturer will have a set cement spacer.

It's a jungle out there...

T

taylor tori

Reaction score
What product type do you import them as? Crown or abutment?
After you export from 3Shape and subsequently import into AG Match, do you make sure to keep the STL file with the .pts files for margin info?
This will help.

When calculating the tool path, you will get options to correct the fit (in + 10um and -10um increments). This will vary from implant type to the next, as each manufacturer will have a set cement spacer.

It's a jungle out there...

Awesome I will try this and let you know... Im going to have to ask the CAM tech these questions