• Start date
M

martintay

Reaction score
Don`t cast NP onto Ti :(

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
How is the restoration screw retained? The abutment is held in place by the screw and the restoration by cement.

I hate those snappy abutments, and nobel abutments in general as they don't have much thickness if you want to grind them down, but having said that i'd still trim that abutment to suit

ICONDENTAL

ICONDENTAL

Reaction score
So If I take a stock Ti abut (BioHorizon 4.3 Conical, not that it makes a difference) and create some retention then cast some NP alloy over it to eventually build a screw retained pfm, is that ok?

That's essentially what a UCLA is anyway right? So it shouldn't even be a question? Right?

CAREFUL !!! both are very corrosive. Galvanic reaction is at the end of the tunnel.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
CAREFUL !!! both are very corrosive. Galvanic reaction is at the end of the tunnel.
Well i had no choice but to rush a case. UCLA and the only metal I had in house for our porc was NP. :(. At least it will be a few years if anything fails. But I do have some extra precious alloy coming so I am not forced to do that again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
DSC_0380.jpg

DSC_0379.jpg

DSC_0402.jpg

EnvisionTEC for the print?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i don't think RKM would know, Kent. he has all cam and prints outsourced.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Ahh...looks like their material. Was just curious.

Luke....have you used any 3D Systems prints? Tested any of the newer printers?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i'm learning how to use the 3d systems printer we have here. i can't recall off hand but i think it is a DP3500. i will have to edit this later when the prints finish for tonight.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
i'm learning how to use the 3d systems printer we have here. i can't recall off hand but i think it is a DP3500. i will have to edit this later when the prints finish for tonight.

Ok. I have experience with the DP3000. It's an older one. I was just curious to see if you have experienced any of the newer ones out there.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i'm hoping to get help developing my own 3d printer soon.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Sounds interesting. I want to do laser printing for implants to sell to the implant companies. Much more accurate and can build tons of them all different types of platforms and brands at once. That's the future my friend!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
yeesh. lasers. shudder.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Printing them would be much more cost efficient period. It's just not there yet, but I promise it will be!

Top Bottom