Captek cases

A

AaronR

Reaction score
hahahaha, no secret at all boys :) Skillbond

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
Skillbond? Oh dear! we aint getting anything soon then?

A

AaronR

Reaction score
another great follow up. 4 yr recall that was just emailed to me from the dentist. he loves Captek in the anterior because of the esthetics and health and also his preparation design: prepares with a shoulder bevel and utilizes Captek restoration with metal to the edge. The margin is usually 1 to 1.5 mm within the sulcus. does not use cord. He preps the shoulder to the gingival height of contour and then prepares the bevel with a cone shaped diamond thats tapered to a point.

Alexis 4 years folow-up cropped.jpg
Alexis 4 years folow-up cropped.jpg

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Alexis before.jpg here is the before

another great follow up. 4 yr recall that was just emailed to me from the dentist. he loves Captek in the anterior because of the esthetics and health and also his preparation design: prepares with a shoulder bevel and utilizes Captek restoration with metal to the edge. The margin is usually 1 to 1.5 mm within the sulcus. does not use cord. He preps the shoulder to the gingival height of contour and then prepares the bevel with a cone shaped diamond thats tapered to a point.

View attachment 5267
Alexis before.jpg

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Hi Aaron I have a 6 or 7 unit anterior captek case Ill be layering tomorrow.

A

AaronR

Reaction score
fricken A al!!! that's awesome man. that is where the rubber meets the road my friend; a nice 6 to 7 unit anterior case in Captek with your phenomenal porcelain layered on them, man that's hot!! feel free to post some pics of those sexy units as you complete 'em :)

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Al, any chances you have photos of that 6 or 7 anterior unit Captek case??

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
No nothing in the mouth but I do have a nice case in the works for the same Dr and I think I am going to drive to his office to take pics of it and I can ask him if he can bring that patient in.
I have several nice ones in the works with Argelite 70+ the alloy you recommended I use.

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Al, any pictures you can share with the DLN of your stellar Captek and Argelite 70+ work (outside of the mouth, clinical shots, etc) is always a pleasure to look at! I'm happy to hear that you are liking the Argelite 70+ alloy :)

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Here you go Aaron.

I just order 3 ozs of it because I have quite a few large cases in the works.

This one almost whipped me. Large cuspids in the lateral position.
The centrals are at 13mm.
Base shade A1 Initial MC on Argelite 70+

ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_b_zpse661c44d.jpg
ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_d_zpsf48bea15.jpg
ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_e_zpsbb3e3643.jpg
ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_f_zps0f419edd.jpg
ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_g_zps80a806af.jpg
ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_b_zpse661c44d.jpg ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_d_zpsf48bea15.jpg ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_e_zpsbb3e3643.jpg ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_f_zps0f419edd.jpg ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_g_zps80a806af.jpg

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Al, amazing stuff man! That GC Initial MC dresses up those frameworks really nice :)

A

AaronR

Reaction score
one more Captek case from Romeo Pascetta in Italy. image of the metal try in and also a 3 year recall.

12-Captek in the mouth.jpg 13-result with the heat of the ceramic after 3 years old .jpg
12-Captek in the mouth.jpg 13-result with the heat of the ceramic after 3 years old .jpg

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Aaron. Do you know what porcelain Romeo used on that case.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
There is no doubt that the tissue is in AWESOME shape, as well as the aesthetics achieved are OUTSTANDING,

Here is a comment...

These cases defy all logic to me. How the heck does that much glass not fracture with thimble style copings??

If I was designing this case with any substructure I would have much more support to the glass. Compounding the issue as I see it is the fact that the incisal on the natural tooth is chipped as well leading me to believe there could be some parafunction going on as well??

While 3 years is not a lifetime it has stood a decent amount of time in the mouth, does anyone else think like I do or just see the pretty teeth in these pictures.

Remember Aarron, I am not bashing this fine product, hell I have a brand new kit sitting here collecting dust :) I just want to spur conversation.

M

martintay

Reaction score
Yes I could not understand the porcelain support John ! And they do look beautiful !

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I'm with you John. I used to do a lot of AGC coping,s the finished crowns look beautiful. Then had several failures from
lack of support for the porcelain. That machine is now collecting dust.
I think it could be fine for some situations, but I'll stick to the tried and true physics of bonding porcelain to metal.

Recently did a 3 unit bridge that another lab had done. #29-X-31 beautiful porcelain work, cement failed and abutment
rotten out from underneath. Doc gave me section of the bridge to match shade. Looking at a cross section of the pontic
it was just 6ga wax rope absolutely no support at all. I asked the patient during the seating how long he had had that bridge.
He told me 15 years. :confused: IF the case is not in parafunction and the clinician knows his sh1t about occlusion and function
and the patient has a "normal" occlusal scheme and proprioception it will probably fly.