Captek cases

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
Patmo141, i emailed you some our research reports that i believe you will find to be very informative and helpful in describing Captek's attributes. if you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to me :)

Very nice and thanks for the papers. My only comment is that the study which demonstrates reduced bacterial counts was done in periodontally healthy patients with no gingival inflammation....which means that it may make no difference whatsoever in someone who is at higher periodontal risk due to genetics, oral flora, oral hygiene etc. The logical extension is that it would at least give them a leg up, but who knows if it's enough to make a clinical difference in the at risk patient. All the papers say that it would be great to see this study repeated in people with some history or risk of periodontal disease. But so far I am sold and from what we have been taught about the progression from periodontal health to periodontal disease, this would be my first choice given all the current options I am aware of.

So, what's a captek crown run these days? $$

edit: There is definitely a lot of "observational clinical accounts" of capteks performing really well in periodontally compromised situations (recession, pocketing etc). Just spent a little more time delving around. I hope there is more research in the pipeline to drive the clinical observations home with well controlled experiments :)

Last edited:
A

AaronR

Reaction score
Patrick, you nailed it in your edit :) Captek has been proven for many many years to be the "perio friendly" crown and clinicians have seen the tissue response and health first hand and are still astonished by this. New and updated reports are and will be in the works, just take time... Thanks for looking into those reports I sent you this morning!!!

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Here is a 4 unit anterior Captek case (7-11). Patient had endo done years ago on # 9 along with composite work as well. patient was unhappy with the overall esthetics. 4 Captek crowns were done and patient is very pleased and smiles more now than ever before. Final photo is a 2 yr recall.
before 1.jpg before 2.jpg preps.jpg copings.jpg after.jpg Cristy 2 yr (2).jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Laterals are too long.

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Captek over endo / darkened tooth structure snuggled up next to veneers. Endodontically weakened teeth require minimal preparation and maximum esthetics. Captek’s thin warm gold coping will solve both problems by masking dark underlying tooth and root structure with the ability to go sub gingival with any margin design and any cement. All ceramic esthetics with the ease of a PFM.

49.jpg 39.jpg 54.jpg 52.jpg
49.jpg 39.jpg 54.jpg 52.jpg

Last edited:
A

AaronR

Reaction score
Unveiled our digital Captek in Chicago 2013! Reduce inventory cost and labor by 85%, increase workflow, increase labor efficiency and scalability, no internal remakes and increased strength and stability with updated reinforcement coping designs. We have weekly webinars scheduled or can do private webinars as well if you cannot make the group ones. You can reach me here on DLN or at [email protected].

A

AaronR

Reaction score
a little snapshot of the process and how Captek just became alot easier to produce and offer your dentist-clients via our digital workflow!!

Captek pathway.jpg
Captek pathway.jpg

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Arron so the only digital aspect is that an analog model is scanned and then the coping is then made on a printed model? There is no cad design involved correct? A tech is making a simple coping? How are areas that need build up addressed if just dies are printed?

Thanks

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Arron so the only digital aspect is that an analog model is scanned and then the coping is then made on a printed model? There is no cad design involved correct? A tech is making a simple coping? How are areas that need build up addressed if just dies are printed?

Thanks

Build-up technique, like you normally would.
Here
Figure 2.jpg

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling you'll see a write up in the LMT magazine next month on the Digital Captek...can't really say who authored such a thing but you might know him. :p

A

AaronR

Reaction score
great question John and Rob you are all over it!! Can't wait for that LMT article, gonna be AWESOME; thank you so much for your continued support!!

John, you bring up a great question. As you deciphered from my little snapshot, we are printing the duplicate resin wax die from the scan of the master die and we have great Captek technicians at Argen fabricating the Captek coping. ultimately, what this means is that labor is dramatically reduced (by 80%+) and inventory is greatly reduced as well (not "sitting" on P&G materials). So Captek, which has been known by some as a "technique sensitive" product, is now simple and easy. Just scan your master die, send that dcm or stil file to us at Argen, we make the coping with our reinforced coping design, remove some slight over extensions along with some unwanted thickness at the margins, and all the lab has to do it transfer & seat the coping to the working master die, (apply porcelain protection if needed),quickly finish the margin, apply our UCP bonder and then your off for opaque and porcelain processes. These 3 to 4 finishing steps only take a few minutes to complete.

We are doing webinars on a weekly basis, sharing this offering in more detail and on-boarding new labs as they get involved with Digital Captek. Feel free to contact me to schedule your webinar to learn more!!

JohanBarnard

JohanBarnard

Reaction score
Is this service available to labs in the UK?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The webinar was excellent and I highly recommend it.

They even understood my accent eh? :canada:

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Rob, was great having you on the webinar yesterday!!! really psyched to get Captek ramped up in your area :)

Johan, awesome to hear of your interest in Digital Captek. I am currently working on the logisitics of Int'l leads such as this. Please be patient as we work on the details. in the meantime, could you private message me some information (name of the laboratory, address, a phone number, and email)? many thanks!

U

USGooner

Reaction score
Ok so don't laugh at this question can you press over captek? Emax can press over electroplated frames. Just a thought?

A

AaronR

Reaction score
USGooner, Captek can be pressed with porcelain. However, all ceramic porcelain such as Emax is not compatible. It's been tested internally and we found that it was not compatible and cracking propagated. Press to metal porcelain systems work and there are many Captek labs doing this everyday :)

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
What about Australia? I almost bought the system a few months back, but decided it was too expensive as i was/am looking at buying a mill.
I am still interested as its a great tool for dark anterior preps :D

KInd regards

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Bumfrey, good morning to our friends down under, or should i say good evening lol :) you nailed one of the great solutions where Captek can be utilized, over dark anterior stumps / preps; love it! I anticipate to have feedback regarding how we can handle Int'l leads like this. Just have to nail down all the logisitics such as distribution, shipping, etc. Hang in there :)

If you could, may you please email me: your name and the lab's name, address and phone number?

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Ok so don't laugh at this question can you press over captek? Emax can press over electroplated frames. Just a thought?

here is an example of a bicuspid (Captek with 360 porcelain margin) that was pressed with the GC IQ system.

GC press.jpg
GC press.jpg