Captek cases

A

AaronR

Reaction score
@ Ejada, i will find out what type of porcelain Romeo used on this particular case and also what he is currently using on his Cpatek cases now (could be the same porcelain systems, I'll find out).

@ John, you bring up great points for sure!! The metal try in photo was before the UCP bonder was applied, therefore it appears that porcelain support was not added to the case. I have reached out to Romeo and asked how he managed the occlusion here and i'll share his feedback as soon as I get it from him.

when i was the lead Captek technician at a large laboratory, my fellow technicians and I really evaluated each case, really digging in and looking for "red flag" areas that needed porcelain support (marginal ridges, cusps, incisal edges, etc) resluting in Captek being one of the products with the lowest remake percentages. just like any material, when the proper SOPs are followed, Captek is not only a pretty crown that promotes healthy stable tissue, it is strong and will last for many many years.

A

AaronR

Reaction score
@ Ejada, per Romeo, the porcelain used for this case was a low fusing ceramic "Sensation SL by Leach & Dillon" and currently on Captek Romeo uses the porcelain "Solera".

A

AaronR

Reaction score
What types of solutions can Captek crowns and bridges play in the restorative world:
Over implants (Dr. Escalante used Captek over his implants to help “buffer” or dampen the occlusal overload potential over his implant patients with bruxism” (April and July issues of Dentistry Today),endodontically treated teeth (Dr. Mechanic’s article in August Dentistry Today) where the tooth / root is dark, sub-gingival margin placement, bridges, mal-aligned teeth, knife edge and bevel / ferrule preparations, perio at risk patients, high caries risk patients, patients where bonding is not practical, older patients with more brittle teeth, and believe it or not, for people with bite issues.

No one material is the "cure all" when treatment planning and having options is key to attaining the best possible result for the patient.