Bizzare Trios IOS question coming up!

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if the Trios IOS scanner is small enough to scan inside an ear canal. I ride motorbikes and am looking to get custom made plugs with integrated earphones in them. They need impressions of my ear and ear canal to be able to make them

I was thinking of going to the dentist and getting a scan and then 3D printing my ears and sending them off to the lab to get the plugs made up.

Not to keen of having impression squirted into my ear canal. My friend said it's pretty painful.

Thoughts?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
should work fine.

3shape is not just a dental software, the company also produces prosthetics design suites for ears, and orthopedics.

you will just have to trick the software to not take a bite (split it into two orders?) and export to DDX or manage to fanagle stl's some other way.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if the Trios IOS scanner is small enough to scan inside an ear canal. I ride motorbikes and am looking to get custom made plugs with integrated earphones in them. They need impressions of my ear and ear canal to be able to make them

I was thinking of going to the dentist and getting a scan and then 3D printing my ears and sending them off to the lab to get the plugs made up.

Not to keen of having impression squirted into my ear canal. My friend said it's pretty painful.

Thoughts?
Just use blue mouse. That's what the audiologists use for hearing aid making ear canal impressions.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Stick a scan body in your ear and scan it. Then you can make a plug that screws in .