Best place to buy a 3shape scanner??

Big Guy

Big Guy

Reaction score
At this point Im leaning towards buying a 3shape scanner. Does anyone have any input on where the best place to buy one is. Any recomendations as far as price, service, training ect..... I live in AZ so I would prefer to buy one on this side of the country.

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
At this point Im leaning towards buying a 3shape scanner. Does anyone have any input on where the best place to buy one is. Any recomendations as far as price, service, training ect..... I live in AZ so I would prefer to buy one on this side of the country.

CMC sells them - they are in Colorado

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
buy from 3shape directly and you can opt for whatever option you want - like scanning into STL files to import into open milling machines, and such.

Sales Contacts

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hey Big Guy,
You can't buy 3shape from the manufacturer. You have to go through a distributor. Most distributors will sell you the system configured as you would like it. There are many distributors across the US.
There are two major considerations when selecting a 3shape distributor. One is price and the other is support. Honesty, the required suppot is a much bigger factor than most lab owners realize when getting into 3shape. If you are purchasing 3shape and anticipating the system to be a very productive part of your lab you will need high level support. The CAD is very good but quit complex and there are scan and design issues that pop up. 3shape US does not provide this first Level support. It is the responsibility of the distributor and they all provide something different. I do think 3shape US can help you find a distributor that offers good support.
Hope this helps,
Bob

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
I think there is very little differenc in price no matter who you buy from. Like what was said before, look for the best support, your buying SUPPORT, and you will need that support as long as you own that scanner.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Bob - in all this Kafuffle i forgot who i was working for. a 3shape distributor (whom has barred me contractually from telling people that are not part of our network any part of our lab process - good thing i can assume all of you are part of my network *wink* ). i'm sorry big guy!! but a sound financial purchase would not be to buy from ... me.

i can provide you with tips and tricks and help but in a limited fashion.

T

timbangley

Reaction score

Dentsply has the best deal going, 5,000 of free mills and imp scan software I think is another 3,800. Just bought one last week. Good luck

2th-man

2th-man

Reaction score
3D Milling Center in Renton, Wa. Sells the D700 at their cost for around $24,000. Talk to Steve he will work with you. Completely open system.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Dentsply has the best deal going, 5,000 of free mills and imp scan software I think is another 3,800. Just bought one last week. Good luck

Hi Tim!

Don't forget that your neighbor, Scott, also accepts Cercon files for Bruxzir and other Zirconia, as well as Rapid-prototyping and soon Ti. Much faster and cheaper than the alternative. One day you'll be calling.

Congrats on the new toy!

Scott

Big Guy

Big Guy

Reaction score
3D Milling Center in Renton, Wa. Sells the D700 at their cost for around $24,000. Talk to Steve he will work with you. Completely open system.
What about training???

C

charles007

Reaction score
At the time I planned to buy a 3shape, my plan was to go to 3shape and get the free training before the scanner comes,,, takes weeks to get one. Once your scanner comes in, the company you buy from will train you which will make the high learning curve much easier.

Big Guy

Big Guy

Reaction score
At the time I planned to buy a 3shape, my plan was to go to 3shape and get the free training before the scanner comes,,, takes weeks to get one. Once your scanner comes in, the company you buy from will train you which will make the high learning curve much easier.
Will they come to my lab or do I have to go to them???

C

charles007

Reaction score
Will they come to my lab or do I have to go to them???

For enough money, I will show up with my posse....

Your better off being trained at ? and see some mills from your designs.

Bring gold bars and I'll get Al and Rob..... Do you want Disturbed ?? He needs a place to learn dental lab work .. Maybe the plaster room.. just kidding Disturbed,,,, Rob might do some extractions on you.

Last edited:
Big Guy

Big Guy

Reaction score

Bring gold bars and I'll get Al and Rob..... Do you want Disturbed ?? He needs a place to learn dental lab work .. Maybe the plaster room.. just kidding Disturbed,,,, Rob might do some extractions on you.
I guess Ill start calling around...... No Ill pass on disturbed...that guy is way to good for me LOL, he seems alittle too uptight too, No offense disturbed..:) thanks for all your help guys its nice to see you all have a sence of hummor!!:D

C

charles007

Reaction score
With a good sense of humor, DNL can be fun... Hope no one takes offense at my posts..... its all fun and games, with a little education on the side.

Charles

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score

gimmie some 500 grit sandpaper and I'll show you how modelwork SHOULD be done.., but I also charge gold bars for my work..:cool:

C

CMC_Tommy

Reaction score
Big Guy, this is Tommy with CMC in Arvada CO. We are a 3Shape distributor. We do sell the 3Shape (Open System) and we have pretty good support for Design & Settings as long as you are send your units to us. I dont know of anyone that would support you on the software side if you are sending to a different milling center. Give me a call and I will send you a quote for the 3Shape. We do training here, 3 days, and we are just north of Denver, so there is a lot to do and see on your time off.

D

dentcre

Reaction score

S

STEVEN62

Reaction score
hi who was your rep from dentsply that you got imp scan software

D

Dave51282

Reaction score
Sun Dental Labs is an authorized 3 Shape distributor give me a call at 866-561-9777 ext 241 I can set you up with whatever system you would like