3Shape Lab Scanner Plates

N

Nem12

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post, but I'm having a hard time finding any documentation or how-tos on these particular items. We are thinking about grabbing some of the additional scan plates, specifically for holding on to rather unwieldy full-arch stone models when scanning in occlusion. I found the following items in the manual for our 32, E4 scanners, but not much else regarding how to use them or if they're really even viable for our scanner (for instance, one of them, the occlusion setup tool, seems to be for a totally different scanner in the 3shape family). Does any one have any advice or video links? I've tried both YouTube and 3shape, but...not having much luck. Thanks for any help!

...okay, well I apparently am not cool enough to post pictures or anything yet, so here are the names of what I've found.

Dental 2Cast Fixture
Occlusion Setup Tool

3Shape Lab Scanner Manual -- the pictures are on page 11 of this manual, where I originally found them.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I have some, they work for the older model scanner, not sure if the new ones have the same triangular magnets?

N

Nem12

Reaction score
I have some, they work for the older model scanner, not sure if the new ones have the same triangular magnets?
Hi there! Unfortunately, mine has circular magnets....but in a triangular shape on the platform. I think I've got it sorted...I started using hot glue to fix the stone cast to the scan platform and then rubber bands to keep the occlusion. It's not PRETTY, but it seems to work. :) Thanks for responding and I'm completely open if anyone has a more elegant solution than the cobbled together one I am using!

N

Nem12

Reaction score
Also, it has been pointed out to me that I erroneously posted that I have 32 E4 scanners. I do not....yet.

I meant to say E2 and E4 scanners. I know it doesn't really change much with regards to the questions I asked, but I wanted to manage any expectations of my beast status. I have a total of 3 scanners in my lab. 😁

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Beast status..you scanning animal, you :)

For my mounted Denar casts, the plastic plates tend to stick better in the BluTack if I use enough of it. For the ones that have a stone base, and are slightly wet, I'll super glue a bit of the edge to the Tack to hold it in place. I go through more Tack that way, but it holds them pretty well. A dry base stone sticks better then wet or damp. I then hot glue the uppers and lowers together, as that seems to be more accurate for me.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The virtual base plate method in exocad seems way more well thought out than anything 3shape has done, I like the scanner mounting plates, but with the virtual plates, they are totally unnecessary.. although they dont have virtual plates for panadent.

Ive never used my 3shape plates, I will try and post some pics if anyone is interested in them.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
I glued a Denar magnetic base to a scanner base. I just slap a model on it and done. I hot glue the models together for the bite.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
And just to follow-up with my above image, I'm using an alcohol torch and low temp glue sticks to glue my casts together.
I was using a hot glue gun that had a cord that was getting in the way, and also, at times, I would forget to unplug it. So 2th mentioned trying it this way, and I've been doing it that way ever since. Thank you again, 2th, wherever you are :)

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
"Excuse me good sir, I couldn't help but notice your lab and equipment could use a little sprucing up. Allow me to introduce you to the secret weapon of sparkling clean surfaces - our top-notch dusting cloth. Trust me, you won't find a cleaner or cheekier solution anywhere else. May I demonstrate its magic for you right now?"

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
How do you calibrate the glued on plates? I thought the idea was that it was a set fixture that aligned with the virtual articulator automatically. Can you align the plates in 3shape? I know you can with medit.