Be positive...

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Our mill needs a few new switches and an overall tune up, new collet etc. The last delivery this week was the package with all the parts required to do so. Came in UPS from Florida, , yes got sprayed down exterior and the contents treated wih Gremicidal UV as well. Perfect timing on that one, now have 2+ months at least to complete the task 🙂 Wish everyone the Absolute Best through all that we'll face together!!!!! Party :Hello:
Get everything rebuilt? I know you got the kniblin pin in the right position or the world would be spinning around the burr.

C

charles007

Reaction score
The thing I did like about Rex3, was the nice straw colored oxide to opaque on.
The thing I loved most about Rex3 was being able to cast .2 and areas at .1 …... without a miscast !
Secondly, practically no metal finishing when you cast that THIN !
Thirdly, being able to spray opaque Rex 3 and having a frame with opaque at .3
Bonus... no black line at the margins spraying opaque so thin on thin frame..... Sweet ;)

Almost forgot about the good old days doing pfms Ciao

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The thing I loved most about Rex3 was being able to cast .2 and areas at .1 …... without a miscast !
Secondly, practically no metal finishing when you cast that THIN !
Thirdly, being able to spray opaque Rex 3 and having a frame with opaque at .3
Bonus... no black line at the margins spraying opaque so thin on thin frame..... Sweet ;)

Almost forgot about the good old days doing pfms Ciao
don't forget the melted fingerprints from grinding off the sprues and the punctured thumbs from removing those small pin bubbles.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
don't forget the melted fingerprints from grinding off the sprues and the punctured thumbs from removing those small pin bubbles.

Ditto to the 1st point, it did heat up pretty quickly.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
still hanging on to your old caulk I see.

C

charles007

Reaction score
And margin stability, no creep.
in the 80"s I had $95. NP pfms so I didn't have creepy margins or weepy margins... lol
Yea NP wiped out creep, but MANY labs had bonding and checking problems using NP
Dumbass techs not knowing crap about metal ceramics/bonding/CTE

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
It could come in handy some day, when harvest gold kitchen appliances and avocado green shag carpet comes back in style.
Some day they will be back in style, may take a while. (I hope)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
in the 80"s I had $95. NP pfms so I didn't have creepy margins or weepy margins... lol
Yea NP wiped out creep, but MANY labs had bonding and checking problems using NP
Dumbass techs not knowing crap about metal ceramics/bonding/CTE

That's where Yamamoto's book and insights were indispensable.
Some of those ceramics were a little suspect though, back then, like Creation and Shofu's Crystar, both had narrow CTE ranges
and were geared more for European noble, high noble metals if I remember correctly?

Last edited:
Top Bottom