Digital impression sketchy occlusions

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
My setup's all connected to the digital God in the cloud!

download.jpg

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
The best way for me to check the bite and this only works for color scans.
Have the person who is doing the IO scans use bite articulating paper when they do the prep or antagonist scans and it will show up on the scan.

Then you can see where they actually are making contact to the opposing.

Takes some time to get them on board and sometimes it's easy to forget. But it's pretty simple way to get more accurate bite alignments when you need to adjust.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I have 4 new cases. all with bite scans taken and sent, nothing works!! This drives me nuts! They are all 3shape trios. Rkm, how do docs send a good bite with the Trios?
1691703430735.png

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
I'm getting closer to asking my docs to send everything from io scanners. I still struggle trusting them. I see this ALL the time with occlusion. They are like this picture a lot. I will adjust them digitally sometimes but I would REALLY love to have them look and just be right, ya know? What would you digital veterans do with this case? Digitally align it, print and scan the correct bite? It's going to be a waxup of 7-10 and 23-26.
View attachment 43489
Make sure the doctor is capturing a minimum of 4 teeth upper and 4 teeth lower when scanning the bite. How many teeth are they capturing with the bite scan? A lot of times the scan orientation is off also and you need to set it yourself.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I have 4 new cases. all with bite scans taken and sent, nothing works!! This drives me nuts! They are all 3shape trios. Rkm, how do docs send a good bite with the Trios?
View attachment 43507
They get good training. I cant tell from a few pictures. It could be in the settings or they could be scanning in the wrong order. Bite scan 1 and 2 could be reversed or the doc isn’t verifying the scans. Try the Trios Study Club on Facebook

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Make sure the doctor is capturing a minimum of 4 teeth upper and 4 teeth lower when scanning the bite. How many teeth are they capturing with the bite scan? A lot of times the scan orientation is off also and you need to set it yourself.
Until next case assistant does it, and oh she forgot.