Asiga Composer 2.0

doug

doug

Reaction score
At Lab Day the Asiga people were telling how in the new Composer 2.0 software release one of the features was going to be able to name your printers. We forgot all about it until this week and have looked through the program and can't find that option. do any of you know if it's in there, and if so, where do I find it? Not a big deal, but would be nice to just point and click to direct a print.

M

Majormattie

Reaction score
So.. it isn't exactly IN the composer per say. From what I have seen at least.

While in composer open build properties (CTRL+B) > Rightclick printer you want to rename > Open printer (this opens the interface in your browser)

Once in that interface go to settings and you can rename there.

Side note, you can also do this from the front of the printer, but not having to move from your PC is nice too.

Hope that helps!

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
Composer 2.0 is mostly a reskin and UI update of the core software, I was very disappointed it didn't add or improve much, because Composer is a mediocre nesting program on the best of days, and is falling farther and farther behind as other platforms emerge and iterate while theirs stands static for years.
One of their developers also yelled at me on their facebook group for suggesting people use other free nesting programs like PrusaSlicer to deal with Composer's shortcomings, and forbid me from "promoting other people's products" on their group (despite people constantly recommending third-party resins and the like with no issue),so they're very thin-skinned about this and aren't interested in improving the suite.