Bars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
"To install on 3shape is $800 from us. You can shop around, and post results here please."
How about to intall on Preciso / exocad?.

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
You are 100% wrong.

I have done this many times, and you have not. (obviously)

Yes, if you want to export a complete One piece implant abutment or bar then it costs to install this type of library into 3shape.

I know EXACTLY what I am talking about.

I have made and provide several 3Shape libraries. If the creator does not charge for the library its free... 3Shape gets nothing for libraries its a free and open process.

The only way 3Shape is involved is if the output of the library is controlled, like Glidewells for example. OR if you have 3Shape create the library which is silly because making libraries is fairly straight forward.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Cool.

So, why don't you and DentalAxys go ahead and provide the name of these libraries and where to buy the scan markers from then....

I sit here and wait for your list....

Never heard of these "free" 3shape implant libraries before. Be nice and share this info (if it actually exists)

I suggest "giving" this "free" library to shane, and then tell him where to get the markers to make bars then. Problem solved! Post the name of the markers here please.

Let us know how it turns out.

NT Trading is a stupid waste of time and money.

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
@Shane: You can use any implant system as long as its manufacturer can provide you with a 3shape library and scan bodies. Ideally the kit is non-engaging, otherwise you'll most likely run into issues.

@zero_zero: I know many 3shape users with a D700 who are doing implant bars or bridges with 4-6+ implants. The software can manage that easily. Also, your D700 should be accurate enough I don't think upgrading to a D900 will make much of a difference in that respect. I would suggest that you install the latest version of ScanSuite and that you make sure the last calibration wasn't too long ago...

So, does your solution have a name, and a place to buy the scan markers....?

You mention you know of something, but yet never tell us what it is! DUH!!! LOL

What specific library(s) are you referring to exactly? I want names damn it!

DentalAxess

DentalAxess

Reaction score
List of 46 suppliers with libraries available for 3Shape...hopefully it's a good starting point for you ***

Attachments

• Implant libraries for 3Shape Dental System - March 2014.pdf
    268.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
LOL

None of them are open, except DDG.

All of those are closed, and do NOT export the bottom interface.

Thanks for wasting my time dip-5hit......

I get pop-up warning that link is trying to connect to CAP to send info....

Cool. :rolleyes:

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
LOL

very funny, if its open.
then direct the forum to a website that can we download it n see.

DentalAxess

DentalAxess

Reaction score
Several libraries have the ability to export the bottom interface such as ELOS for example so suggest you do some more homework ***...

However, I see little point in this as we never rely on the STL for implant positioning anyway, a hidden interface is fine as long as we get the implant coordinates from the XML file in 3shape.
Easily managed with a macro / replace feature and far more accurate than relying on the STL data.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Several libraries have the ability to export the bottom interface such as ELOS for example so suggest you do some more homework ***...

However, I see little point in this as we never rely on the STL for implant positioning anyway, a hidden interface is fine as long as we get the implant coordinates from the XML file in 3shape.
Easily managed with a macro / replace feature and far more accurate than relying on the STL data.

Orientation isn't the only reason he wants the base. He wants to mill out the abutment and connection on his HAAS so I'm pretty sure he is aware of which library allows the base export.

With SUM3D he can now use the Replace option for more accurate milling of the interface in stead of having to rely on exported .STL files. He's milling out of Ti stock and not pre-milled blanks like most everyone here.

Scott, how does the Replace option work, I've never used it? It automatically lines up with the interface? The user

has to line it up?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
delcam has this too in their new 2014 software. so no need to export bottom interface.

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
LOL

Never heard of these "free" 3shape implant libraries before. Be nice and share this info (if it actually exists)

Lol, Scott... You said free not open and you are claiming that 3Shape charges for libraries, I'm telling you that they don't. That's all.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
The owner of DDG said to my face, right in front of me that 3shape charges to make an implant library that exports the actual complete interface. (engaging or non-engaging)

??

Yes, we also replace the implant geometry in our CAM.
I am very aware of this, and the need for it. Thank you anyways....

I asked you for One name.....you give me a list of B.S. that most all are closed.

Never tried ELOS, and never heard of anyone on this forum using that to make their own abutments and bars.

I do not know for sure if this is free and actually contains non-engaging geometry for bridges and bars.

Do you actually use this, or, just guessing? I am not in the mood for wrong information and people guessing.

Sorry.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score

I asked you for One example first!

You give me a link to a list of almost 99% CLOSED LIBRARY!! LOL

Now, you say ELOS is One name of free, and open to export complete geometry for 3shape.

I still say Bull-Crap! Show me.....

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
delcam has this too in their new 2014 software. so no need to export bottom interface.

It does help in the CAM replace feature to start with file containing the geometry.....sometimes there is gap or data voids where the two mesh meet-up.....

If implant CAD file is complete, then we have freedom to choose where to cut and replace.

I do want to see the bottom interface! Absolutly! Even if we are going to replace it.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
well even if it doesnt get exported in the mesh you can still laserweld or silversolder.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Lol, Scott... You said free not open and you are claiming that 3Shape charges for libraries, I'm telling you that they don't. That's all.

Where are these amazing free libraries, and the scan markers??

Does anyone have them?

Why is this not being shared on this site everyday if it exists?

I am waiting for email reply from ELOS people to find out the cost (if any) and exactly what their library contains.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
As far as I can tell.....ELOS only wants you to buy their pre-milled blanks and does not export the complete geometry of an implant....

They want to make money on their hard work....so why would they just give away their CAD library so customers can skip buying the premilled products they offer?

That is not part of their business plan. They want to sell as many pre-milled blanks as possible! IMO, looks like a closed library to me...?

I sent them an email asking about 3shape. 1) Is this Free to add?? 2) Does it support non-engaging and engaging applications? (Bars and bridges, as well as truly open One piece Ti abutments NOT tied with specific pre-milled blanks?

I wait for the reply....

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
do you have a product catalog of this company or a website where we can download it, well at least we can have a look of what you are talking about.

Mohammad, I think its now called "Target 3D". Formerly DDG.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score

You still need some sort of orientation to be able to time the hex to where it was designed in the respective 3D design software.

So you don't mill an over rotated part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom