Bars

Status
Not open for further replies.
shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Hey I have a question about doing bars on my 3Shape, and before anyone talks sh!t about 3Shape and bars don't comment!! What library and what scan bodies are needed? I've tried selecting NT trading that I got from CAP but they only have the ti base and 2-connect options. Who do I need to go to for the library and which scan bodies will be needed?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Get the DDG scanbodies along with the library... but I want to mention that 3shape is not accurate enough for long span (full arch) bars...2-connect will work better in those situations because it can compensate for small discrepancies when you cement...

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I dunno about that Zero I have done bars with our 3Shape with the DDG library and scan bodies and our fits have been dead on.

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
You can do bars with the 2connect system just select screwed not glued. The conical part will be apart of the bar and all you use is the non-engaging abutment. Just one option.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I was talking bout my D700...time to upgrade to a D900 ?

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
yes laser crap and ugly scanbodies

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
cadstar seems to have nice scanbodies, they have a library specially for bars , but i think u can only outsource to them, i need to make sure of that, tomorrow i may have the right info, i am at home now.
however, i did not use their products but they have a coated titanium scan bodies ,,looks good to me.

DentalAxess

DentalAxess

Reaction score
@Shane: You can use any implant system as long as its manufacturer can provide you with a 3shape library and scan bodies. Ideally the kit is non-engaging, otherwise you'll most likely run into issues.

@zero_zero: I know many 3shape users with a D700 who are doing implant bars or bridges with 4-6+ implants. The software can manage that easily. Also, your D700 should be accurate enough I don't think upgrading to a D900 will make much of a difference in that respect. I would suggest that you install the latest version of ScanSuite and that you make sure the last calibration wasn't too long ago...

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
DDG is big library, and the most options.

Nothing else is even close to it.

We have usually Ten or more of each type/size in stock, including many multi-abutments.

To install on 3shape is $800 from us. You can shop around, and post results here please.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score

We have usually Ten or more of each type/size in stock, including many multi-abutments.

To install on 3shape is $800 from us. You can shop around, and post results here please.

what do you have for bars, that is the question.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
- ALL IMPLANTS PLATFORMS/SIZES HAVE NON-ENGAGING AND AT LEAST ONE TYPE OF ENGAGING (sometimes up to three different height!)
FOR BARS OR ABUTMENTS, OR SCREW-RETAINED BRIDGES... IT IS NICE TO HAVE ALL THE OPTIONS AND MORE THAN EVEN THE OEM.

- FULL DESIGN, INCLUDING THE GEOMETRY OF INTERFACE AND SCREW CHANNEL.

- ALSO INCLUDES GLUE-TO-Zr LIBRARY AS OPTION....(Ti INTERFACE MUST ALSO BE FROM DDG OF COURSE TO MATCH).

- MANY TYPES OF MULTI-UNIT STYLE

- LIBRARY IS GROWING EVERY DAY TO INCLUDE EVERYTHING.

- WE MILL BARS WITH GREAT SUCCESS USING THEM.

Last edited:
M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
- ALL IMPLANTS HAVE NON-ENGAGING AND AT LEAST ONE TYPE OF ENGAGING (sometimes up to three different height!)
FOR BARS OR ABUTMENTS, OR SCREW-RETAINED BRIDGES... IT IS NICE TO HAVE ALL THE OPTIONS AND MORE THAN EVEN THE OEM.

- FULL DESIGN, INCLUDING THE GEOMETRY OF INTERFACE AND SCREW CHANNEL.

- ALSO INCLUDES GLUE-TO-Zr LIBRARY AS OPTION....(Ti INTERFACE MUST ALSO BE FROM DDG OF COURSE TO MATCH).

- MANY TYPES OF MULTI-UNIT STYLE

- LIBRARY IS GROWING EVERY DAY TO INCLUDE EVERYTHING.

- WE MILL BARS WITH GREAT SUCCESS USING THEM.

what about the scanning body, and why u charge for library?
most of the companies give it for free.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I don't know of companies giving the scan bodies away for free?

I think we paid 50 or 60 dollars a scan body? Scott correct me of I am wrong I cannot remember exactly. I admit the DDG library is huge and has everything you need.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
If you had exocad....it is free!

I make not One little penny.

It is 3shape who charges. Order is placed with 3shape dongle-license number to 3shape HQ....Reseller of 3shape system has to give permission as well, then 3shape gets paid....license sent, etc etc...

Most companys do NOT give you a fully armed implant library with all the geometry to make bars and One-piece abutments.

What are you talking about brother??

Name One company for me please.....(For 3shape, like this thread is started about....)

There are new library and markers for August!

Get updates!! (For free after you laid the $800 initial 3shape fee)

Last edited:
M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
i see, i go there some time ago to DDg web site. and i remember everything were close.
i couldn't even have a look on their ti base, so i never comeback.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
I don't know of companies giving the scan bodies away for free?

I think we paid 50 or 60 dollars a scan body? Scott correct me of I am wrong I cannot remember exactly. I admit the DDG library is huge and has everything you need.

who stated that the scan body is free??

i just need it to know what material are their scan bodies made of.

DentalAxess

DentalAxess

Reaction score
If you had exocad....it is free!

I make not One little penny.

It is 3shape who charges. Order is placed with 3shape dongle-license number to 3shape HQ....Reseller of 3shape system has to give permission as well, then 3shape gets paid....license sent, etc etc...

Most companys do NOT give you a fully armed implant library with all the geometry to make bars and One-piece abutments.

What are you talking about brother??

Name One company for me please.....(For 3shape, like this thread is started about....)

There are new library and markers for August!

Get updates!! (For free after you laid the $800 initial 3shape fee)

DMG, we have already had this discussion previously.
3Shape does NOT charge any fee to load an implant library.
I'm not sure where you are getting this information from?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
You are 100% wrong.

I have done this many times, and you have not. (obviously)

Yes, if you want to export a complete One piece implant abutment or bar then it costs to install this type of library into 3shape.

I know EXACTLY what I am talking about.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
You are 100% wrong.

I have done this many times, and you have not. (obviously)

Yes, if you want to export a complete One piece implant abutment or bar then it costs to install this type of library into 3shape.

I know EXACTLY what I am talking about.

do you have a product catalog of this company or a website where we can download it, well at least we can have a look of what you are talking about.

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score

Thanks for the info Scott. I might be calling you today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom