AO4 Chairside Acrylic for conversions

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Have been doing chair side conversions for a long time and have been using QYK SET acrylic that works very well, but gets extremely hot a it cures! What are you using to lute the temp abutments in place? I am trying to find a more friendly acrylic.. Thanks is advance,Jim

Not sure how to edit the title, but I do know I cant spell??

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Not converting here, but we use a primer on the temp abutments and milled pmma then light cured composite for immediately loaded temps.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Have been doing chair side conversions for a long time and have been using QYK SET acrylic that works very well, but gets extremely hot a it cures! What are you using to lute the temp abutments in place? I am trying to find a more friendly acrylic.. Thanks is advance,Jim

primo pattern LC paste is an option. Last I knew that's what Lee Coursey who was going around with Nobel teaching the procedure was using.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Isnt the primo pattern red? Is that for temporary use?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Maybe try GC reline chairside acrylic. Never used it but GC makes good acrylic.

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
primo pattern LC paste is an option. Last I knew that's what Lee Coursey who was going around with Nobel teaching the procedure was using.
I might try that material..
I do have the GC . Unifast Trad. It's sets fairly quick, but would like something a little faster..

G

grantoz

Reaction score
try unifast 111 its gc. i find it a bit better all round

ToothmakerIDL

ToothmakerIDL

Reaction score

Not sure how to edit the title, but I do know I cant spell??
Zest chairside. Work great to lock in cylinders at the occ table. 5 minute set or 20 seconds with curing light.

Daniel Watters

Daniel Watters

Reaction score
Most light cure materials do not bond to the acrylic. I find this causes a weak spot in the temp AO4 bridge. I have had a few break in these areas while waiting out the integration period. Still looking for something that will bond. Hate using cold cure intraorally.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Most light cure materials do not bond to the acrylic. I find this causes a weak spot in the temp AO4 bridge. I have had a few break in these areas while waiting out the integration period. Still looking for something that will bond. Hate using cold cure intraorally.
Bisco makes a bonder we have been using with pretty good success on milled temps. Not bullet proof, but better than everything else we have tried. Not at the lab to look at the name. I'll try to remember to post on Monday...

Daniel Watters

Daniel Watters

Reaction score
Hey 2thm8kr. Thanks. I'll look for it. I'm using Quick Up by VOCO now. It has a bonder but i still find that bond can break.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Using QYK set as well. Yes it does get hot, but works well with no issues.
I would suggest not using a light cured, or compostie due to it not bonding well to PMMA.
The last thing you want to happen is the temp cylinders breaking loose.