Pour acrylic (thats not kulzer)

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
I love the strength and color of the kulzer pala express ultra, but its temperamental. Kulzer says not to use it with colloid investment. Really? They want me to putty matrix every partial? I want to use colloid. I also get a white film all over the tissue side, for which kulzer has many answers for, all of which sound like more work for me, which, again, defeats the purpose in my mind. I used to pour process 10 a day with no probs, but this has been over ten yrs ago and I cant recall the brand of acrylic. I need something user friendly. Tanks in advance removable gurus.

Alan JDL

Alan JDL

Reaction score
We use GC pour acrylic. We've been really happy with it.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
use mertz and palaexpress ultra. both horrible shrinkage compared to packing/injecting. strictly saddles and small partials but then strength is a problem.

Lucitone do one now, been meaning to look at that.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
use mertz and palaexpress ultra. both horrible shrinkage compared to packing/injecting. strictly saddles and small partials but then strength is a problem.

Lucitone do one now, been meaning to look at that.
Bought their new HIPA pourable. It requires, not suggests, diatorics. Big clue it's not bonding well. Never sent a case out with it.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
they all need them. bonding aint great. my prep was sandblast, diatorics, and soak in monomer for a good 5 minutes. Still see debonds that wouldn't normally see with heatcure, especially overdentures.

par for the course with all the pourable's it seems. Be aware of the limitations and case selection.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Its a shame its so easy and can get brilliant aesthetics.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
maybe it's the denture teeth?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
GC pour here, for repairs/relines, havent processed any with it.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
All of the problems y'all are talking about is why we don't pour anything!!! Every case is heat cured or injected unless the Dr needs a 1 tooth flipper the next day and then we let them know it's cold cure and we can't guarantee the fit. They normally then give us enough time to do it correctly.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
nope not the teeth, even pure pmma teeth (myersons/enigma life anteriors still have problems).

Composite/hybrid ones then you will have a problem for sure.

The bond is just not that great with pourable's.. from my experience (this is with my own patients over the last 3 years or so, so feedback is about as reliable as can be as I did the lab work and obviously clinical work).

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
Ok, so, this raises the question, how far do we want to go at the current avg price point. Ours is a market just like any other, competition drives innovation, and price point. No? I know of more that one person living in their monomer laden denture lab, trying to push a great product. Docs need to wake up? Or techs need to be happy the robots haven't wiped us out? Current avg price point, I say if the appliance goes a yr without a popped tooth, it's lived its economic life. Share the wealth, or deal with pissed patients, seems simple to me.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"I say if the appliance goes a yr without a popped tooth, it's lived its economic life. Share the wealth, or deal with pissed patients, seems simple to me."

was about to say say try telling that to a patient that's had their denture for a year but then "or deal with pissed patients". This!

Really don't know how some docs can deliver cheap denture work and deal with all the aggravation. I just stopped offering different services, you have the best or please go else where. just not worth the hassle and financial loss when you have a stream of unhappy patients coming back with issues that need fixing.

Again Ive found pourables to be OK but its very case selective. Things that definitely work well 1)partial chromes with just posterior saddles 2) full upper chromes kind of 3)erm that's probably about it.
Things to definitely avoid 1) full dentures 2) implant retained hybrid dentures on bars 3) anything with thin anterior teeth or partials with isolated teeth 4) using composite/hybrid teeth.

Evidence base shows average denture life span is around 7 years (obviously theres wild extremes) but its fair if someone is paying good money then this is where we should be aiming for as a reasonable target. telling someone they have to pay for a repair after 1 year just dosent wash.

Last edited:
D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
update for those interested. almost a year using the hipa now. not one tooth pop. only problem ive not been able to figure is surface porousity, on about half the cases. not enough to be a huge issue, but an issue nonetheless. anyone have input?

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
All of the problems y'all are talking about is why we don't pour anything!!! Every case is heat cured or injected unless the Dr needs a 1 tooth flipper the next day and then we let them know it's cold cure and we can't guarantee the fit. They normally then give us enough time to do it correctly.
In the last year we've changed in that we don't cold cure anything, if they need a flipper in one day we microwave it.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
In the last year we've changed in that we don't cold cure anything, if they need a flipper in one day we microwave it.
When I do a flipper I line it with a chair side soft liner like Tokoyama's. Mine hasn't lost any shape and fit is till good after a year and a half.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
I can easily guarantee fit with cold cure. Easily

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
Just as strong if not stronger. And the 3 mins extra it takes for me to finish out the minor surface porousity is minimal compared to investing in stone.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
Could and should be better though. I’ll see what The almighty dentsply has to say about the surface porousity and report back.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Could and should be better though. I’ll see what The almighty dentsply has to say about the surface porousity and report back.

Yes--- please do report back--- I've seen this before and it just disappears--- like magic!
And FWIW popouts are all about cleanliness, tooth prep and procedure- in ANY technique. Garbage in--- garbage out.
I love the labs that manufacture popouts.... they are my best advertising!