Anyone upgrade a DW 3series scanner by themselves?

N

nvarras7

Reaction score
Going to splurge on a new scanner soon ( Not Dental Wings ) but I am drowning in work and my 3series is soooo slow. It needs to stay here a bit longer. Has anyone upgraded the cpu or graphics in these? Would it help or is the speed a software issue ?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Going to splurge on a new scanner soon ( Not Dental Wings ) but I am drowning in work and my 3series is soooo slow. It needs to stay here a bit longer. Has anyone upgraded the cpu or graphics in these? Would it help or is the speed a software issue ?
MOre likely a memory issue in most PCs of semi modern design.

M

Morave

Reaction score
What's your CPU? Do you have the 64-bit version, or still the old slow-as-hell 32-bit?
There's no easy way from the 32-bit version, as far as I know. You need 64-bit drivers from DW, they are digitally signed for the particular unit, or so I have been told by the DW reseller. But who knows, if you can get your hands on the 64-bit driver bundle, it might work. Got rid of the unit and now I'm happy Medit Blue and Exo user.

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
Didn't even see a dental wings booth at Lab Day this year. I think they've pretty much thrown in the towel (thank God).