New scanner - speed and accuracy options

L

luishcmartins

Reaction score
HI everyone, currently using Dental Wings 3series with good results, but slow and no impression scanning.
Mine Drs send a lot of triple trays single crown work. Want to figure out a scanner with this capabilities to scan both sides and bite simultaneously, also faster than DW. Here in Brazil one option are the DOF Swing and Shining 3d Autoscan-DS-EX. Anyone has experience with this or other options to consider? There are too much difference between 1.3mp and 5.0mp cameras on daily basis results?
Thanks a lot.
Luis MArtins

L

luishcmartins

Reaction score
Please guys. Need decide fast. Any help will be appreciate.
Thanks in advance.
Luis

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I have a DOF Freedom HD. Can't comment on the Swing, but like what I have. DOF has treated me well.
I had the $traumann CS2 with the DW software for years, and while I liked certain aspects of the software, I'd never go back.

L

luishcmartins

Reaction score
Thanks for info GRU, also probably will get the DOF. Do you use the impression scan feature? Is it too slow or imprecise for this method??
Thx for the comment.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Thanks for info GRU, also probably will get the DOF. Do you use the impression scan feature? Is it too slow or imprecise for this method??
Thx for the comment.
Not sure on impression scanning but DOF has been a Fabulous Choice for us, Never any issues and Superb results each amd every time!!!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Check out the Medit scanners... I been using them for 5 years now. (Presently using a Hybrid) The 3 axis arm works amazing at scanning both sides of a triple tray impression! Dependable, Fast and accurate. Their scanning software is awesome and user friendly with lots of cool scanning options. You can set to scan directly with Exocad or format output for 3shape, Sirona or others as .stl ...you won’t be disappointed! IMHO

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Check out the Medit scanners... I been using them for 5 years now. (Presently using a Hybrid) The 3 axis arm works amazing at scanning both sides of a triple tray impression! Dependable, Fast and accurate. Their scanning software is awesome and user friendly with lots of cool scanning options. You can set to scan directly with Exocad or format output for 3shape, Sirona or others as .stl ...you won’t be disappointed! IMHO
If you need more i formation on the Medit scanners let us know. We carry the T300 and T500 scanners at Zubler USA. Great scanners. Send me an email and I will get you all the i formation you need.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
If you need more i formation on the Medit scanners let us know. We carry the T300 and T500 scanners at Zubler USA. Great scanners. Send me an email and I will get you all the i formation you need.

If you need more information on becoming a sponsor, you may find it here:
https://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/account/upgrades

I'm certain Kurt can afford the measly amount of money this would require and then no one would complain. Or you could at the least get me off of your ass??

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
If you need more information on becoming a sponsor, you may find it here:
https://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/account/upgrades

I'm certain Kurt can afford the measly amount of money this would require and then no one would complain. Or you could at the least get me off of your ass??

I dont mind. Why don't we setup a meet in Chicago? Then we can discuss it in person and discuss your forum too. Should I pm you or would you perfer to email me?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What is there to discuss? Paid sponsors may promote themselves and company here ad nauseam without griping from people like me.

I don't have a forum. I volunteer my time there just as I do here. There are no sponsors there. If you want to promote your products there you should inquire with the host.

I'll be happy to meet you in Chicago when they change the meeting to sometime in July.:)

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
What is there to discuss? Paid sponsors may promote themselves and company here ad nauseam without griping from people like me.

I don't have a forum. I volunteer my time there just as I do here. There are no sponsors there. If you want to promote your products there you should inquire with the host.

I'll be happy to meet you in Chicago when they change the meeting to sometime in July.:)
I see...so you are a gracious volunteer. I actually do contribute in other ways.

When I troubleshoot or offer advice that doesn't involve selling you don't say anything. That knowledge did not come for free, it was earned. And I share it accross a global forum trying to help technicians to keep from getting misinformed. I am on the phone constantly also, listening to it, because it is my job to solve problems. As much as you think I am merely a salesman, perhaps you should look around the forum. Sure from time to time I put a word in for tye products, but I also put in technical expertise.

You wouldn't be.related to *** would you?

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
By the way I forgot to mention that Medit is a paid sponsor and they go through dealers of which we are one.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
By the way I forgot to mention that Medit is a paid sponsor and they go through dealers of which we are one.

you dont sell it in US ?? cowboys dont need accuracy ??
Schirmfoto_1.jpg

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I see...so you are a gracious volunteer. I actually do contribute in other ways.

When I troubleshoot or offer advice that doesn't involve selling you don't say anything. That knowledge did not come for free, it was earned. And I share it accross a global forum trying to help technicians to keep from getting misinformed. I am on the phone constantly also, listening to it, because it is my job to solve problems. As much as you think I am merely a salesman, perhaps you should look around the forum. Sure from time to time I put a word in for tye products, but I also put in technical expertise.

You wouldn't be.related to *** would you?

Why would i say anything when you contribute knowledge and experience just like anyone else here? That makes you just like everyone else here who contributes hard earned knowledge and experience.

Somehow your hard earned knowledge is more valuable than any of the other contributors here and they owe you for that?

Pretty simple concept here about sponsorship. Your company pays a small fee to promote directly to your target demographic. I doubt the other paying sponsors mind a few free Zubler USA plugs here and there? You want to make me out as a douchebag for pointing that out, fine.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
I don't think poorly of you, I understand your objection. I am not saying the information I post is more valuable, but that I would hope it is helpful. I actually do try and help technicians be productive and successful, but would appreciate not being called out for a short post when the opportunity presents itself. Especially when all I am offering is information. I didn't post pictures, give an incentive or slam another manufacturer's product. I just offered information to someone that is looking for it.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Anyways...
I’ve wanted to scan impressions to make life “easier”
Anyone doing this with confidence and good feedback from doctors?
Are you printing models? Is so, fully articulated with removable die? Or just solid?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I’ve wanted to scan impressions to make life “easier”
We are doing it for the rush cases...ie scan the impression and proceed with design, while the crown is being cut, we are making a regular plaster model. Then fit, finish as usual...it saves one day. I don't go model less with impressions, since I don't warranty for resto's from 3D scans Deal

Top Bottom