Any non Ivoclar denture mills?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Defensive? OK, I don't care one way or the other. All of my equipment has been paid off for a several years now. Enjoy your retirement.;)
Pretty sure her vulcanizer is paid off too. So there.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Pretty sure her vulcanizer is paid off too. So there.

Believe it or not, I actually used a vulcanizer to make jewelry molds years ago. You make the waxup of the jewelry, cast, leave on the sprue use the vulcanizer to form the mold and use a very sharp knife to carefully cut open the mold so it can be used to shoot wax copies. It's all good, I don't buy into the "are you a new car or a used car kind of person" to be sold to, it's all good.

Yourgoes

Yourgoes

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time imagining the internal geometry at the meeting of the material. Can't be a straight or flat junction or you'd never get scaloping around the teeth.
They are premanufatured waves which means the positions and proportions of the teeth are set based on the puck. Will not work for every case
88138743_131581131716967_8289936545421942624_n.jpg

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
They are premanufatured waves which means the positions and proportions of the teeth are set based on the puck. Will not work for every case
So that's why they're only starting out with 3 Moulds of teeth. You're going to have to buy mould specific pucks.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
it is easier to add Quality to things that are convenient, than it is to add convenience to a quality product.

Yourgoes

Yourgoes

Reaction score
So that's why they're only starting out with 3 Moulds of teeth. You're going to have to buy mould specific pucks.
Yes, some other restrictions to design as well, posterior teeth dimensions are preset; they can’t be stretched or compressed, can’t drop a premolar etc.
Other issue is shallow palates and if the tooth arch and the residual ridge don’t perfectly align you can have some of the base that will be tooth coloured

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time imagining the internal geometry at the meeting of the material. Can't be a straight or flat junction or you'd never get scaloping around the teeth.
It is a wave like look it is interesting, I had a hard time imagining it would work for every case when i saw it in chicago

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
We utilize Polident PMMA products for dentures.
As previously noted by CHL, dentures made from full-Denture discs do require an Acrylate to finish (straight transition from gingiva to dentin) .
We mill complete upper or lower in under 2 hours.
We use a couple of different Polident products for heat curing or pressing that are available in an assortment of colors/textures.
We also use their pink CAD/CAM discs along with milled teeth or their extensive (and impressive) line of artificial teeth.

1584100479460.png

Attachments

• DentureCollage.jpg
    DentureCollage.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 19
  • PinkDentureDiscCollage.jpg
    PinkDentureDiscCollage.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Polident FullDentureDisc OnMachine.jpg
    Polident FullDentureDisc OnMachine.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 20
  • ReflineTeeth AnteriorPosterior.jpg
    ReflineTeeth AnteriorPosterior.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 17
Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score

They need C4, B62/A2, B59, B69 and toilet bowl white, that would just about cover all they need.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
They need C4, B62/A2, B59, B69 and toilet bowl white, that would just about cover all they need.
I hate the fact I know what B62, B59 and B69 mean.... the worst shade guide ever. All the teeth seemed slightly green.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I hate the fact I know what B62, B59 and B69 mean.... the worst shade guide ever. All the teeth seemed slightly green.
You won't be able to get them much longer anyway. Bioform is one of the lines that Dentsply is doing away with.

DAL Claxton

DAL Claxton

Reaction score
Roland has a time conversion kit (maybe a different name?) that allows you to pour up your own acrylic you'd use for normal dentures into a mold. From there you mount it like any puck and mill in the material you're comfortable with. Haven't actually seen it in practice personally, but aside from some sensitive pouring technique and I'd imagine a pressure pot, it seems to work quite well for some. Then you get the added benefit of an acrylic look you're used to.

Then with Exocad, use the Vita Vionic digital denture teeth if you have enough room, and you shouldn't have any trouble with seating them into the socket.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Roland has a time conversion kit (maybe a different name?) that allows you to pour up your own acrylic you'd use for normal dentures into a mold. From there you mount it like any puck and mill in the material you're comfortable with. Haven't actually seen it in practice personally, but aside from some sensitive pouring technique and I'd imagine a pressure pot, it seems to work quite well for some. Then you get the added benefit of an acrylic look you're used to.

Then with Exocad, use the Vita Vionic digital denture teeth if you have enough room, and you shouldn't have any trouble with seating them into the socket.
I personally would think milling a wax base and socketing in the teeth would work better than this. The benefit of milling pucks is the density/uniformity of the acrylic.