Any non Ivoclar denture mills?

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
So I’ve spoken to a few labs that are using the pm7 and they seem to be pleased with 3shape etc. But I am curious about exocad and even inLab so I thought I would see if there’s any conversation about other systems out there and what kind of results are there using other mills.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Amann Girrbach, imes, Arum Versamill, Wieland, roland, theres tons out there that can mill dentures. you just have to give it the right files. its not as simple as load up one file of a full contour denture and any old puck and press start. the advantage of the pm7 is a well defined prescribed workflow. everything else needs you to play until you are happy with your results. with certain exceptions of course.

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
Well the ag sort of seems to have its own work flow and so does Sirona and I suppose there are others. But if I have a particular design that I created in exocad for example would they not be the same no matter what mill I use?
Maybe what I am trying to discover is; what’s more relevant? The software or the hardware?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Well the ag sort of seems to have its own work flow and so does Sirona and I suppose there are others. But if I have a particular design that I created in exocad for example would they not be the same no matter what mill I use?
Maybe what I am trying to discover is; what’s more relevant? The software or the hardware?
Software.

Any mill that can mill PMMA (basically anything that takes a puck) can mill dentures. You mill a pink base from a pink base puck and a tooth arch from tooth shade puck. Put them together and you have a denture.

You can even 'design' a dentures in the cloud with Whip Mix's software and mill it on your or anyone else's mill as long as you have the materials

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Software.

Any mill that can mill PMMA (basically anything that takes a puck) can mill dentures. You mill a pink base from a pink base puck and a tooth arch from tooth shade puck. Put them together and you have a denture.

You can even 'design' a dentures in the cloud with Whip Mix's software and mill it on your or anyone else's mill as long as you have the materials
This is coming out in May. You won't have to put the teeth and base together anymore.
1583613607459.png

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Think about the massive inventory you will require..

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
seems like a bad idea

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Think about the massive inventory you will require..
To start out with they're only going to have 3 shades for the teeth, A1, 2, & 3. And just a couple of acrylic shades.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time imagining the internal geometry at the meeting of the material. Can't be a straight or flat junction or you'd never get scaloping around the teeth.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
You may not be able to picture it in your mind, it may seem like a lot of material is milled away from the disk as waste, to you it may seem alien to all the traditional methods ingrained within your problem solving skills for removable prosthetics acquired through out your span in the biz.
Like it or not, it is happening and it will go through this side of the lab business quicker than the decades it took for the C&B side.

Resistance is futile......improvise, adapt, integrate, overcome or retire. It's not going back to the 20th century. Move forward. There is no going back.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time imagining the internal geometry at the meeting of the material. Can't be a straight or flat junction or you'd never get scaloping around the teeth.

It is a flat junction and you will have to add pink pappillae over the tooth coloured areas. You will also have to nest it above that junction so that you have room to add pink, and don't scalp tooth areas.

Anyone claiming otherwise is clearly insane.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Im sure it only takes 4 hours to mill

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
It is a flat junction and you will have to add pink pappillae over the tooth coloured areas. You will also have to nest it above that junction so that you have room to add pink, and don't scalp tooth areas.

Anyone claiming otherwise is clearly insane.
So adding gingiva and then re milling before it’s completely removed from the puck?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
So adding gingiva and then re milling before it’s completely removed from the puck?
doubt it. more likely just add it and characterize it by hand, because the dentures in the picture did not come out of the machine like that. theres no micro tooling on earth that can cut sulcus lines like that.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
you can do this withh Zirkonzahn but you dont glue the teeth together then finish milling.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You may not be able to picture it in your mind, it may seem like a lot of material is milled away from the disk as waste, to you it may seem alien to all the traditional methods ingrained within your problem solving skills for removable prosthetics acquired through out your span in the biz.
Like it or not, it is happening and it will go through this side of the lab business quicker than the decades it took for the C&B side.

Resistance is futile......improvise, adapt, integrate, overcome or retire. It's not going back to the 20th century. Move forward. There is no going back.
I see dead people.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score

You sound defensive.... To be honest, I don't care what it does, I'll do what I want and the rest will take care of itself. I'll never be a guinea pig for the new expensive equpment and will probably hang up the lab before it's mainstream. Good luck with that loan :)

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
You sound defensive.... To be honest, I don't care what it does, I'll do what I want and the rest will take care of itself. I'll never be a guinea pig for the new expensive equpment and will probably hang up the lab before it's mainstream. Good luck with that loan :)
Defensive? OK, I don't care one way or the other. All of my equipment has been paid off for a several years now. Enjoy your retirement.;)

Top Bottom