Aidite 3D multilayer bridges deformed

tehnik

tehnik

Ratings
16 2
Hi, All!

I am having a problem with the Aidite zirconia as bridges longer than 4 units will rock on the model. No matter the design and using the stabilizer. The same files with other zirconia are perfect. Many times it looks like one of the dies is 1mm above the plate, but as said, after milling it from another zirconia it is perfect. I am using programs sent from Aidite and using nabertherm ovens. So far all bridges are deformed and unusable. Aidite send long bridges program with 1450 degrees final temperature and also that is wrong as the material is opaque on such a low temperature (normal 1530). Has anybody else had such an issue with the material and knows a solution?

Best regards.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
Donator
Ratings
4,187 57
Hi, All!

I am having a problem with the Aidite zirconia as bridges longer than 4 units will rock on the model. No matter the design and using the stabilizer. The same files with other zirconia are perfect. Many times it looks like one of the dies is 1mm above the plate, but as said, after milling it from another zirconia it is perfect. I am using programs sent from Aidite and using nabertherm ovens. So far all bridges are deformed and unusable. Aidite send long bridges program with 1450 degrees final temperature and also that is wrong as the material is opaque on such a low temperature (normal 1530). Has anybody else had such an issue with the material and knows a solution?

Best regards.
What's your cycle look like? Rise time, hold time, etc.

Each brand and even sometimes model of furnace will require some fine tuning of the base parameters supplied by the zirc mfg to get the chamber temp to what they used developing the material. Thermocouple and element location can make a big difference.

C

cobusfourie

Ratings
The problem is the different layers got different shrinkage. If you sinter the hole disk. The occlusal will shrink almost 2mm more than cervical in diameter. These materials only accurate on singles maybe 3 unit bridges. We tried everything even occlusal sinter supports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Affinity

Affinity

Ratings
2,284 39
I was wondering when things would get pushed a little too far.. The way to fix it seems to stop using it.. I dont trust the strength of multilayer zr for bridges. Just because it exists doesnt mean you have to use it.

G

grantoz

Ratings
792 56
i also see the same problems when people use super trans zi over a ti bar .i have had to remake a couple of bridges from other labs that have tried using super trans to make it look nice and pretty but it breaks. i trust ZZ prettau as its been around for ten years now officially i have used it longer as a beta tester. where abouts is aidite made? . i think asking this of any material is a very good indication of whether a material is reliable or not. sure all companies get it wrong from time to time but it does lower your chances of problems later on.

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!