Aidite 3D multilayer bridges deformed

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Hi, All!

I am having a problem with the Aidite zirconia as bridges longer than 4 units will rock on the model. No matter the design and using the stabilizer. The same files with other zirconia are perfect. Many times it looks like one of the dies is 1mm above the plate, but as said, after milling it from another zirconia it is perfect. I am using programs sent from Aidite and using nabertherm ovens. So far all bridges are deformed and unusable. Aidite send long bridges program with 1450 degrees final temperature and also that is wrong as the material is opaque on such a low temperature (normal 1530). Has anybody else had such an issue with the material and knows a solution?

Best regards.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi, All!

I am having a problem with the Aidite zirconia as bridges longer than 4 units will rock on the model. No matter the design and using the stabilizer. The same files with other zirconia are perfect. Many times it looks like one of the dies is 1mm above the plate, but as said, after milling it from another zirconia it is perfect. I am using programs sent from Aidite and using nabertherm ovens. So far all bridges are deformed and unusable. Aidite send long bridges program with 1450 degrees final temperature and also that is wrong as the material is opaque on such a low temperature (normal 1530). Has anybody else had such an issue with the material and knows a solution?

Best regards.
What's your cycle look like? Rise time, hold time, etc.

Each brand and even sometimes model of furnace will require some fine tuning of the base parameters supplied by the zirc mfg to get the chamber temp to what they used developing the material. Thermocouple and element location can make a big difference.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
The programs are on the pictures.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    51.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    26.1 KB · Views: 96
C

cobusfourie

Reaction score
The problem is the different layers got different shrinkage. If you sinter the hole disk. The occlusal will shrink almost 2mm more than cervical in diameter. These materials only accurate on singles maybe 3 unit bridges. We tried everything even occlusal sinter supports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

user name

user name

Reaction score
Same issue with Changs Aurora Lite. They quit selling it I believe.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I was wondering when things would get pushed a little too far.. The way to fix it seems to stop using it.. I dont trust the strength of multilayer zr for bridges. Just because it exists doesnt mean you have to use it.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i also see the same problems when people use super trans zi over a ti bar .i have had to remake a couple of bridges from other labs that have tried using super trans to make it look nice and pretty but it breaks. i trust ZZ prettau as its been around for ten years now officially i have used it longer as a beta tester. where abouts is aidite made? . i think asking this of any material is a very good indication of whether a material is reliable or not. sure all companies get it wrong from time to time but it does lower your chances of problems later on.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
A little update. Aidite representatives visited me a while ago and their technician modified oven sintering programs so the program for large bridge takes about 24 hours. I have been able to get 6-7 unit bridges with acceptable results, but large bridges are bent. I have been trying different supports but with every one the support itself also gets bent. It is bending in the direction of enamel (softer) side. And it deforms like the shape of spoon. So dimensionally in different directions. After contacting to Aidite again, they just show me bridges that are not bent.... so no technical help. Also they suggested me not to try anymore and agreed for me to stop using the material overall. Money and time wasted without correct support from the reseller and the company itself.

A

adl

Reaction score
A little update. Aidite representatives visited me a while ago and their technician modified oven sintering programs so the program for large bridge takes about 24 hours. I have been able to get 6-7 unit bridges with acceptable results, but large bridges are bent. I have been trying different supports but with every one the support itself also gets bent. It is bending in the direction of enamel (softer) side. And it deforms like the shape of spoon. So dimensionally in different directions. After contacting to Aidite again, they just show me bridges that are not bent.... so no technical help. Also they suggested me not to try anymore and agreed for me to stop using the material overall. Money and time wasted without correct support from the reseller and the company itself.
24 hours? What’s next, a week?

R

Ryan

Reaction score
Is the material even indicated for large bridge work?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Is the material even indicated for large bridge work?
@tehnik
Funny you should ask. Dont try applying logic here; that would be unfair.
This Zr is not suited to large span bridges. Its a multi layer, multi translucency puck. Incisal 57%, cervical 47%. Corresponding strengths are 600 inc, 900 cerv.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Aidite told it is suitable for full arch constructions and kept sending me pictures of large span bridges made from the 3d multilayer. Reality seems to be different.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Just remember, an honest salesman will be out of a job faster than an honest politician.

If it isn't in a contract signed by both parties it is not a promise of performance.
It is a suggestion of possibilities.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
I have just been using Prettau 2 dispersive over the last couple of months pre coloured and graduated trans built in 1100-1300mpa strength and it works on everything from singles to full arches no problems at all so far.the aidite stuff i wouldnt keep trying to make full arch stuff with it, its not worth the headaches. 24 hour sintering really!!!

technician

technician

Reaction score
Hi, All!

Best regards.
Hello as others say you can't use this Zi for bridges larger than 3-5 units. Also if you look at their "showroom" bridges the connectors are way to thin hence they don't warp.

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
Hi, I have been using 3D for ages now and have sintered only up to 4 unit bridges with no distortion. I think 4 units is max for me.
I keep them as low in the puck as possible so it mills in the 900 mpa area. I sinter at 1450.c, same as the Zircad MT and the results
seem pretty much even to me.
Nice material and shades in the A and B shades are great. C's and D's are nasty:)) Patients didn't like the lovely purple hue:eek:;).
I use the Zircad for those.
Cheers

B

Boban

Reaction score
Hello as others say you can't use this Zi for bridges larger than 3-5 units. Also if you look at their "showroom" bridges the connectors are way to thin hence they don't warp.
Hey,please i like to know i now buy m5 zirkonzahn machine i am dentist and i dont know price for blanks.Please can u tell me price for prettau dispersive and anterior amd also this other sistem aidite .I want to know and comparate price for my country because i am not from eu.tnx

B

Boban

Reaction score
I have just been using Prettau 2 dispersive over the last couple of months pre coloured and graduated trans built in 1100-1300mpa strength and it works on everything from singles to full arches no problems at all so far.the aidite stuff i wouldnt keep trying to make full arch stuff with it, its not worth the headaches. 24 hour sintering really!!!
Hello, i am dental tehnichian amd i work with prettau and now like to buy 3d multilayer from aidite.For prettau 18mm i pay 189eur for blank and now aidite 3dmultilayer for 16mm 150$ .i please u like ti ask u is this good price and if u like tell to me how mutch money u pay for this zirkonia blanks.

Top Bottom