Aidite 3D multilayer bridges deformed

user name

user name

Reaction score
I could, but price doesnt matter. You should be trying everything and using what works best for you, no matter the price. What if I said $300 a puck? Too much? You should get between 17 and 20 units per puck. At $300, thats just 15 to 17 dollars per unit.

Use whats best. Not whats cheapest.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
boban aidite and prettau dispersive are completely different beasts dont be a tight a55 ,buy the prettau .aidite is only 650mpa in the incisal prettau is 1100mpa all the way thru for god sake do your research . It also doesnt distaught over large spans..

suman

suman

Reaction score
Hello. We use aidite for 5 years and last year we completely run on 3D multilayer. full arch we sintering 18hour (3 hours more then recommended only for slow cooling). Making 3-5 arch per week with no fitting problem. Only problem with 3d is low strength, you need min thickness >1mm on big bridges. Also some disk has internal cracks
may be because of shipping, about 2% disk.
Oven: Mihm-vogt HT-S

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i think suman has just given us all the reasons not to use aidite its weak, discs have cracks you need to make it thicker and you have to sinter it for about a year for it to fit.but besides that its great.!!!!!!

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
I think this is a result of the way the zirconia is manufactured. This is just a theory but it could have something to do with it.

There are three ways to make zirconia discs:
  • Isostatic pressing (pressure from all angles, in a bag, underwater)
  • Unilateral pressing (in a former or mold being pressed from the top and bottom)
  • Chemical solidification (just uses a chemical and binder the hold the zirconia together, Glidewell famously uses this technique)

Unilateral pressing is by far the cheapest way to make zirconia discs, I would guess thats how the zirconia that you are using is made. Isostatic is much harder to do and more expensive of a process but it creates a uniformed zirconia disc in the process. Most high quality, more expensive, zirconias use Isostatic pressing.

I could be wrong but I think its worth adding to this conversation.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I assume Tosoh uses isotatic pressing for the dental application disks?
LCM

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
The problem with aidite is not isostatic or not its the multi gradient you have a lot different materials in one blanck therfore different distortion.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
So the new product Aidite 3d multilayer PRO is out and it should be stronger on the margin side. I am using aidite (what I have left) only for crowns and 2-3 unit briges that are meant to be splinted - no pontics.The material is beautiful but it has too many requirements in able to use it on the large span bridges. Good luck to the laboratories who are only using aidite. Like to see how long a bridge with 3 pontics in a row lasts especially when the pontics are super high and the preparations have support on the 600mpa side :D

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
So the new product Aidite 3d multilayer PRO is out and it should be stronger on the margin side. I am using aidite (what I have left) only for crowns and 2-3 unit briges that are meant to be splinted - no pontics.The material is beautiful but it has too many requirements in able to use it on the large span bridges. Good luck to the laboratories who are only using aidite. Like to see how long a bridge with 3 pontics in a row lasts especially when the pontics are super high and the preparations have support on the 600mpa side :D
So make a sub frame, and make aidite single crowns if you like the product so much.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
for that I dont need to use expensive aidite

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
The problem with aidite is not isostatic or not its the multi gradient you have a lot different materials in one blanck therfore different distortion.

So that would apply the AG Zolid ML also, right?
LCM

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
And Ivoclar prime and whitepeaks hyperion etc etc etc

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
So that would apply the AG Zolid ML also, right?
LCM
As far as i know AG is a normal multilayer just different colors in each layer but same material , some Aidite are multilayer and multigradient so different colors and different materials from around 1000 mpa at the "margin" to 600 mp at the occlusal side thats why they need extrem long burn cycle too used it for a few cases nice but fit is crap .

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
And Ivoclar prime and whitepeaks hyperion etc etc etc

Prime is different and has been conditioned (patented process) to shrink consistently in all areas, so fits on long span bridges should not be a problem. And single full contour and cut-back units can be sintered in as little as 2.5hrs (our S1 furnace only),bridges up to 3 units in 4.5hrs (our S1 and competitor furnaces),and long span bridges up to 14 units in just under 10 hours (our S1 and competitor furnaces). On the 4.5 hour program you can fill the tray with singles and 3 unit bridges, and the 9.8 hour program can be a mix of singles and bridges up to 14 units in length.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
but its still only 650 mpa in the incisal 3mm in a 16mm high crown before being sintered, im looking at the brochure right now.

Top Bottom