Accepting Cerec scans

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
My bread and butter cases are still singles.
Singles pay my bills and salaries. They are not commodities to me, they are my lifeblood.
Take them away and I won't be around to do those special cases they can't get from the box labs or chairside.
That point seems to be lost on these drs.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
How does that saying go, life is 20% of the things that happen to us, and 80% of how we deal and respond to it.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Let me know how it goes. Just had two of top three accounts get one. so obviously I'm going through the five stages of anger. Currently in the vomiting in the inside stage.
The thing that really hurts is feeling lied to. Why would my accounts regularly tell me how amazing the crowns are. No adjustments, sealed margins, blend in and look natural...even the full contour zirc. And I don't even charge much!! Then they all go and get a chairside mill. Really makes you rethink if you actually suck and make a sh!tty product
It seems apparent that it has more and more to do about saving a few bucks here and there than about craftmanship, chair-time and overall value. The Chair time value seems very hard for some docs to grasp.

D

DrG

Reaction score
Guys,
It is tough for all of us.
I feel sorry for young DDS that now, on an average have $500k of student debt after dental school. Add another 3 years of perio, ortho or 4 years of OS and it could be another $200k...

G

grantoz

Reaction score
drg i dont feel sorry for them at all they [dds] seem to be doing ok after a few years ,big deal the poor darlings have to pay off some bills. we all do .!!!!!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Sounds like shes spitting back what a sales rep told her.. How would she know that if she hasnt done it yet? I wouldve said something right then. A temp takes 10 maybe 15 minutes to make, if you have a pre op impression, which takes 2 minutes. An emax crown takes probably 10-15 min to design well, load the mill and wait another .. 20-25 minutes minimum for the crown to mill, then desprue and crystalize, THEN stain and glaze, hopefully in one shot, not likely for an assistant if you have any standards, and at that point youve got minimum 30-40 minutes of oven time additional, and that gets you to the point of the temp you could have made and adjust and cement.

What am I missing? Do Drs not know how to add or any type of time management? This is not something that is done in 30 minutes unless youre some kinda superstar. I hear of combining the stain and crystalization firing, but I wouldnt try that. If youre not firing emax, then you could do composite crowns, maybe a bit faster, but still labor intensive to polish or optiglaze and then you have a plastic crown.. not sure how good I would feel about that. Fire back, if you care about your account dont let them destroy their business and yours in the process!

G

grantoz

Reaction score
This is why dentist are doing celtra and vita blocks instead of emax because they dont have to crystalise the resto. they are weaker than emax and dont have any customized staining but hey they are ok because they did them. Its the hypocrisy of the dentist thats getting up your nose the most, because for years this and that is never good enough but now because they are doing it, its great and never been better. The other thing is because the dentist is the only one who speaks to the patient really we have no way of getting thru to the patient and the poor bugger will never know any better.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Sounds like shes spitting back what a sales rep told her.. How would she know that if she hasnt done it yet? I wouldve said something right then. A temp takes 10 maybe 15 minutes to make, if you have a pre op impression, which takes 2 minutes. An emax crown takes probably 10-15 min to design well, load the mill and wait another .. 20-25 minutes minimum for the crown to mill, then desprue and crystalize, THEN stain and glaze, hopefully in one shot, not likely for an assistant if you have any standards, and at that point youve got minimum 30-40 minutes of oven time additional, and that gets you to the point of the temp you could have made and adjust and cement.

What am I missing? Do Drs not know how to add or any type of time management? This is not something that is done in 30 minutes unless youre some kinda superstar. I hear of combining the stain and crystalization firing, but I wouldnt try that. If youre not firing emax, then you could do composite crowns, maybe a bit faster, but still labor intensive to polish or optiglaze and then you have a plastic crown.. not sure how good I would feel about that. Fire back, if you care about your account dont let them destroy their business and yours in the process!
I think most of the time they are copy/biomimic ( ithnk they call it in Sirona) the pre op crown, so design time is proly under ten. And once they get good they should be able to design a well shaped tooth in ten minutes or less without biomimic. Then the mill time is proly 15min and if they are smart and observant they should be able to know what stains are needed to do the crystalize and stain in one go. And I think they've okay'd crystalization cycle down to 13 minutes. I did it that way years ago at my previous job. So i'd say after 15-20 crowns their time from design to seat is going to be 45 minutes.
But it's basically just really good schmoozer salesmanship and a lowering of standards.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Don't forget about those emax on ti base implant cases either.
You're losing out on more than just a crown.
Have a great Monday.:Hello:

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Either way, shes still wrong. It doesnt take 45 minutes to make a temp, in fact it shouldnt take more than that to do the temp and seat the final crown. But I understand why they want to save money on their crowns.. I dont understand why they want to take on more work that isnt actually working on patients.

I can post some pictures of a single central my cerec office did 3 times in-house and didnt match, I proceeded to make 3 more crowns that the Pt wasnt happy with, thats another story.. but they sent the crown they made on the cerec and in putting it on the perfectly impressed and trimmed die, it was clearly more than 1mm short on the margins and didnt fit.. Maybe margins were covered in tissue? Something tells me, if the Pt liked the shade, they wouldve seated it, and let the 'cement fill in the gaps', as I only hear from Cerec Drs.. The margins were laughable, so to say the least, Im not sold yet, and if Drs are running their practice based on what an oblivious Patterson rep says, then I say it wasnt an account that respected your opinion anyways.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
if Drs are running their practice based on what an oblivious Patterson rep says, then I say it wasnt an account that respected your opinion anyways
Nor one I would wish to work with. Plenty of others in the sea of dentistry.

Top Bottom