Accepting Cerec scans

user name

user name

Reaction score
Sirona rep at the Drs office said the Dr covers the license fee for his chosen lab, like its a great one time deal. Sirona rep that came to the lab said yes, its a one time deal...for the Dr.
Lab has to pay an annual fee to keep it open and going.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
If I recall it’s $2500 for the lab to get in the system and around $500 annual fee

doug

doug

Reaction score
I paid 3K for my dongle and service, no annual fee. I'm not a Cerec/Sirona using lab. All Exocad and I need to be able to import Cerec files

D

DrG

Reaction score
I paid 3K for my dongle and service, no annual fee. I'm not a Cerec/Sirona using lab. All Exocad and I need to be able to import Cerec files
So, You are saying that the Connect Case inbox dongle is $3k correct ?

doug

doug

Reaction score
That's what I paid, and they told me no annual licensing fee. The license was like 2999.00 and the dongle was $1.00

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
That's what I paid, and they told me no annual licensing fee. The license was like 2999.00 and the dongle was $1.00
Now the real meat and potatoes question (can ya tell i'm hungry?)? Will you provide a service (for a fee of course) to other labs to open those files up as .stls?

S

Survivor

Reaction score
Please let us know how it works out. Especially if your lab shows up on the portal after they accept you as the partner lab.

Here is what I sent to a dental office in an attempt to get our lab registered on Case Connect. So far they have not replied.

"In March 2019 Dentsply Sirona announced extensive cooperation with Exocad dental practices with Dentsply Sirona intraoral scanners will now, reportedly for the first time, be able to work with Exocad laboratories in a validated workflow and transmit digital impressions conveniently and directly for a broad range of indications. This is an improvement over the previous open access that Dentsply Sirona for STL files.
Using the new Connect Case Center, Exocad labs have direct access to the complete intraoral scan and order data in the Connect Case Center Portal. It creates a format that includes model and case data, color information and preparation margins validated by Exocad. This means dentists have the option of working with Exocad labs in a validated workflow.

With a Primescan AC or a new Omnicam AC, a dentist also receives the Connect software as part of their package, which provides easy access to the Connect Case Center. The Dentist also gets a license for the Inbox, which can be passed on to their lab of choice, so the lab can access the portal. One click in the Connect software, and the case is accurately transmitted to the laboratory of your choice. All agreements with your dental laboratory are documented. The Dental office can even respond to questions from the lab while your patient is sitting in the chair. The 3D model is loaded into the Connect Case Center in just a few seconds and the digital order form is automatically filled out.
Our lab has already registered on the Connect Case Center as a lab. In order to connect to the dentist our we need the dental office to send us the and workstation ID of their intraoral scanner. "

One of my drs just bought a primescan at sirona world and he was told that one lab gets the software license to receive cases. Dont know the details yet, he hasnt taken delivery yet.

S

Survivor

Reaction score
Let's hope it's you. That a quick 3K you don't have to shell out, if you get the dongle to go with it.
I would not mind shelling out 3 K if it meant we would get work from our former dentists that bought the Sirona mill, or a new dentist that find us on the portal. However, we know labs that have been on the portal for years and have not gotten a single case that way.

Most dentists feel they have to use their own mill to pay for having spent over 150 k for the thing. The estimates are 60-80 crows a month just to break even, yet the dentist thinks they are getting a free crown if they mill them themselves.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks I just signed up!

G

grantoz

Reaction score
its funny how 2 threads can be so closely linked.this one and the one about greed and dentist buying cerec

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
One doc I work with has invited me to his trainjng while he test drives it. Feel like Dr Evil. I'll be whispering 'it suuucks' in his ear.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Primescan cart and IOS itself is about 60-70K acccording to a (different) local who just got it.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
whisper, you can buy a new Porsche with that money in his ear or that makes it a 1000 dollars crown.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Thanks I just signed up!
Let me know how it goes. Just had two of top three accounts get one. so obviously I'm going through the five stages of anger. Currently in the vomiting in the inside stage.
The thing that really hurts is feeling lied to. Why would my accounts regularly tell me how amazing the crowns are. No adjustments, sealed margins, blend in and look natural...even the full contour zirc. And I don't even charge much!! Then they all go and get a chairside mill. Really makes you rethink if you actually suck and make a sh!tty product

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I think a lot of Drs feel like they are 'behind the times' if they arent digital. They dont realize they could be really lowering their standards to bite that apple. If you cant prep or take a PVS impression well, its an indication your technique is lacking and no gadget will fix that.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Doing crowns in the offie is a different animal. Much like "teeth in a day" it's kind of a lie. I get that a businessman wants to keep his down-time to a minimum. One visit crowns are great. A lot of people don't realize the amount of their day that will be eaten up waiting for it to be finished. Most have had a prep done, waited a couple of weeks and then had the crown inserted. Now they get to wait. Those people are the same ones who can be really pissy to the staff. The doc is in his office, or doing prophy checks to keep the money and his day going. I have an acct that does in-house singles. We get a lot of the other, bigger cases. They like what we do and when they are busy they may now send their scanned, designed crowns to us and we will process the files, mill, sinter, stain & glaze for them with no model...and no liability for contacts or occlusion. They've done the design work, all we're doing is providing a crown to seat. We can also do it for a fee that allows us to make money and they still think they are ahead of the curve making money on in-house work.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
"Really makes you rethink if you actually suck and make a sh!tty product "
It's just that the assistant can be trained to make that same ****ty crown that you do.

feel better ?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
"Really makes you rethink if you actually suck and make a sh!tty product "
It's just that the assistant can be trained to make that same ****ty crown that you do.

feel better ?
no

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Doing crowns in the offie is a different animal. Much like "teeth in a day" it's kind of a lie. I get that a businessman wants to keep his down-time to a minimum. One visit crowns are great. A lot of people don't realize the amount of their day that will be eaten up waiting for it to be finished. Most have had a prep done, waited a couple of weeks and then had the crown inserted. Now they get to wait. Those people are the same ones who can be really pissy to the staff. The doc is in his office, or doing prophy checks to keep the money and his day going. I have an acct that does in-house singles. We get a lot of the other, bigger cases. They like what we do and when they are busy they may now send their scanned, designed crowns to us and we will process the files, mill, sinter, stain & glaze for them with no model...and no liability for contacts or occlusion. They've done the design work, all we're doing is providing a crown to seat. We can also do it for a fee that allows us to make money and they still think they are ahead of the curve making money on in-house work.

doc told me her expected timeline in comparison to the traditional impression. she says milling and finishing crown will take aas long as making and adjusting the temp would. So it's basically just getting rid of the second appointment and not adding or losing time to the first appointment. I made her promise to give me a 100% honest review after a month and then 6 months. We'll see.

Top Bottom