A little question with my 3shape when choice the pre-preparetion button.

W

Wendy.C

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I had a question when I tried to scan my model with temporary crown by 3-shape today
so I want to ask someone had the same problem like me
or someone knows better way to design the model with temporary crown option.

This my way to scan my model with temporary crown:
ai1315.photobucket.com_albums_t587_Wendy_C_01_zpscd0463d7.jpg
There are unprepared upper and lower model ,
because I need the model's preposition that I scan the same model twice to be a study cast and working cast,
I choice the pre-preparation option and start to scan!
But it show the error when scan occlusion step,
ai1315.photobucket.com_albums_t587_Wendy_C_scanmissing_m_zpsfa433f08.jpg

ai1315.photobucket.com_albums_t587_Wendy_C_03_zps067d2a16.jpg
Does someone had this problem before?
I can scan only upper or lower with pre-preparation option by temporary crown success ,
And I scan them in one order I got this error every time, but if I unmark the pre-preparation option I can scan them.
I didn't had this error in 2012,
does that 2013's problem?
ai1315.photobucket.com_albums_t587_Wendy_C_01_zpscd0463d7.jpg ai1315.photobucket.com_albums_t587_Wendy_C_scanmissing_m_zpsfa433f08.jpg ai1315.photobucket.com_albums_t587_Wendy_C_03_zps067d2a16.jpg

Last edited:
Y

YMS96

Reaction score
one thing is you should probably be using a 'temporary pontic' and not a 'crown pontic'. Try that - it could be causing the error.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
take ten minutes and make a second set of models. nothing fancy, just a duplicated pair of models.

now, on one cast, trim the dies for the crowns. nothing crazy, just basic. make sure to follow general preparation guidelines. nice pyramid walls, nice clear margin.

scan this as your prepared model, and use the original models as Pre-preparation.

you can split up the case into two cases now. the antagonist for both cases will be the unprepared original.

if you are concerned about the bite, then you can do this one of two ways; either A or B.

option A: just do one bridge, and have it made in Wax. when you get the wax, fit it on the prepared model, and get the bite correct. when it is correct, then use this model with the wax, as the antagonist in the next design. you can now design and do pmma for both sides, without wasting pmma.

option B: instead of making the wax, you can simply mark the scans as Crowns, and Crown pontics (not the temporary) with the Neighborhood scan marked Unsectioned. the difficulty as i see it, will be ensuring the bite follows the pre-preparation models, because no pre-preparation should be marked.

i would recommend going option A. it may take more time, but is the safest way to ensure quality and probably the only way to ensure a successful case.

W

Wendy.C

Reaction score
YMS96 :But my model didn't have the tooth, so if I choice the temporary crown, that had no tooth can select the margin range.

CoolHandLuke:Thanks for your detail teaching process! Because my boss wants us to make temp tooth more and fast, that had no more time to let models better><

Thanks for helping ~

Top Bottom