Can someone share with me how to replace a jaw scan in the denture model of Exocad please?

D

Danparm

Reaction score
I'm trying to replace an upper jaw scan/model with a new scan of an existing project.
I printed a denture for try-in, had to move the centerline and I took a sectional pickup impression for a short area in the base, I've rescanned the denture and realigned it as a post-op scan which was fine, moved the centerline but I'd like to replace the existing (peripherally short) model with this new scan which has a pickup impression scan, for the life of me I can't figure it out.
Pulling my hair out.... any help is welcome!!
Thanks.

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
I'm trying to replace an upper jaw scan/model with a new scan of an existing project.
I printed a denture for try-in, had to move the centerline and I took a sectional pickup impression for a short area in the base, I've rescanned the denture and realigned it as a post-op scan which was fine, moved the centerline but I'd like to replace the existing (peripherally short) model with this new scan which has a pickup impression scan, for the life of me I can't figure it out.
Pulling my hair out.... any help is welcome!!
Thanks.
If I'm understanding right you simply want to replace the original model with the new scan in correct alignment.

Go into expert mode, get your new scan aligned with the old scan, and then make everything invisible but the new scan. Right click save only visible as an .STL and name it "new upper scan" or something.

Start a new project and use that scan as your upper jaw scan and it should be in alignment with your antagonist and you can use the old scan as a pre-op if you wish as reference for the changes you want to make.

Top Bottom