Printing the prep model from temporary prep design on 3Shape

D

DDE

Reaction score
Hi all, I've designed some temp units on an unprepped model, using the Temp crown option on 3shape and I was wondering if it is possible to print a model with the preps I have designed using the temp design process please?

I can't find any prep model files, and as far as I can tell it can't be easily done. Is there a workaround for this?

Thank you in advance.

Chris

D

DaveId

Solutions
Reaction score
You have two options, one is to tell it you have a digital model in your order form and print a set of unsectioned models with the design appended (which is done in model builder). The second is to do a copy/append design in dental manager and import that appended design to a new case for a digital model.
If you need further assistance, just reply.

D

DDE

Reaction score
You have two options, one is to tell it you have a digital model in your order form and print a set of unsectioned models with the design appended (which is done in model builder). The second is to do a copy/append design in dental manager and import that appended design to a new case for a digital model.
If you need further assistance, just reply.
Thank you for the reply.

Wouldn't this be essentially merging the design to the model to print a digital waxup?

What I was hoping to do would be to print a model of the preps I have designed, so I can fit my temporaries onto the digital model after printing both seperately.

Thanks
Chris

D

DaveId

Solutions
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.

Wouldn't this be essentially merging the design to the model to print a digital waxup?

What I was hoping to do would be to print a model of the preps I have designed, so I can fit my temporaries onto the digital model after printing both seperately.

Thanks
Chris
Ok, in that case, if your model was not sectioned when scanned, change the Object type to "Digital Impression" in the order form and select models with an unsectioned (no dies) type. Model builder should give you an output of the prepped model. I haven't done the "virtual prep" in 3Shape (only Exocad),we usually start with a physical model and manually prep then scan that model. If I am doing it digitally, I just make my order as normal crowns and digitally reduce the preps in sculpting, I can then build a model like normal.

Top Bottom