98MM holder for Motion 2 DNA stuck on arm

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
Hell everyone, So I just received a call from one of our clients that we installed a Motion 2 DNA mill too, and now they are trying to change out the 98MM holder but the bolt is stuck and wont turn to unscrew. They tried WD-40 spray on the bolt, and that did not help. I suggested a good air spray out and spray the DW-40 where the holder meets the arm, and run a homing to get the holder to spin and hopefully get some of the DW-40 to get in between the holder and arm. Not sure what else I can suggest, since I never came acroos this issue with our Motion 2. Has anyone experienced this issue before and if so how did you resolve this. Thx in advance

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hell everyone, So I just received a call from one of our clients that we installed a Motion 2 DNA mill too, and now they are trying to change out the 98MM holder but the bolt is stuck and wont turn to unscrew. They tried WD-40 spray on the bolt, and that did not help. I suggested a good air spray out and spray the DW-40 where the holder meets the arm, and run a homing to get the holder to spin and hopefully get some of the DW-40 to get in between the holder and arm. Not sure what else I can suggest, since I never came acroos this issue with our Motion 2. Has anyone experienced this issue before and if so how did you resolve this. Thx in advance
Is it held with locktite or something like it? Maybe some acetone left to seep in will help.