3Shape vs. Exocad

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Ya the initial proposal sucks and it seems to be a little worse with a custom made library? But hey in the end I feel like it makes me better it is not like a stamp every time this way!

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Tyler, sorry for comments.

This is absolutely fine work and decent times.

Last edited:
E

edwarddental

Reaction score
First off, let me state I've always been an Exocad fan but what has me on the fence as we go looking for another scanner is the time it takes to scan/design a crown. Usually it takes my guys twenty minutes to wax up a nice full contour crown, to scan and design on white light exocad is 20-25 minutes, with 3shape I believe it's 10-12 minutes (please tell me if I'm wrong when it comes to 3Shape). So, just looking at it from a time perspective, I lean more towards the 3shape...Your thoughts? Other scanners that might be just as accurate but faster, any others out there? I know, this is more of a production question, but when it comes to production with similar accuracy I'm really curious what your thoughts are.
Ok, my friend looking for new scanner also , so what we will do : we will scan and design full crown on my Identica Blue and then will scan and design same crown on the 3shape next Friday . We will have both files mill and compere .
This is the only wright way to compere this 2 systems in my opinion .

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
And that is your opinion Scott and that is fine. Stick with your Exocad and I will stick with my 3Shape. Plain and simple I am not bashing Exocad it is a good system I just use what I have always known that's all.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Stupid thread!

Who cares what the other guys have?

XOcad is a stupid name too. sounds like digital soup bouillon.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Ok, my friend looking for new scanner also , so what we will do : we will scan and design full crown on my Identica Blue and then will scan and design same crown on the 3shape next Friday . We will have both files mill and compere .
This is the only wright way to compere this 2 systems in my opinion .

Next Friday!!!?? OK, I'll hold my breath... LOL

We are doing it NOW!

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
cool! you have 3shape now Scott?

E

edwarddental

Reaction score
Next Friday!!!?? OK, I'll hold my breath... LOL

We are doing it NOW!
Yes, Scott, next Friday . I have only Identica and for 3 shape we going to the milling center next Friday.

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Pourquoi soupe bouillon my friend ?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Remember, scan speed is not everything. Accuracy is key. My units fabricated with my D900 drop on. Perfect fits all around. Interproxomals and occlusions are EXACTLY what is on the screen;)

So, how are we gauging these tests? Who puts the model on the plate the fastest and hits start in between steps? We need to time the actual scan speed of an arch for example.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Pourquoi soupe bouillon my friend ?

1460852018_9d38108f93.jpg

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Hell, the new Zubler scanner is faster than the medit blue isn't it?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
K2 and Riley, are your times with 3Shape or Exocad?
Sorry LabGuy we use Exocad. Like Scott said it takes no longer than 2min to design. So for us it takes 12/13min from booking in to sending the file to the mill.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Exocad is irrelevant in scan speeds

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Don't be sad, I can find a portuguese girl to put in your 3shape library !

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
As far as design times, I couldn't design a crown as nice in exocad taking twice the time as 3shape.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Hell, the new Zubler scanner is faster than the medit blue isn't it?
I watched the Zubler last week over teamviewer, its about twice as fast as my Medit SE..

Top Bottom