3Shape Users

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Wow...can't believe this thread is still around. Never expected it to get this many views or replys. Cool!! Almost 2 years old!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i don't see why it couldnt be.

have the trios copy their scan data to usb or email or drop box, and have the lab Import the scan data after creating their own order.

unless of course, Trios scans and d800 scans arent the same file type.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
So how about 3OXZ and 3SIM file? How I can open or edit these file types?

Not familiar with those types...put some up for download (a few of each) and will see what can be done...;)

Last edited:
KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
i know!! i just re-read it, theres some gold in here!!

Some Cool's Gold!!

It's been fun to look back at where we were almost two years ago and to see where things are now.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
3oxz is the 3shape communicate order exchange file. It's just a right click import option in dental manager. As for the transfer you are probably best to set up an FTP server and update the details for the trios.

Mehdi

Mehdi

Reaction score
3oxz is the 3shape communicate order exchange file. It's just a right click import option in dental manager. As for the transfer you are probably best to set up an FTP server and update the details for the trios.
I struggling with trios pod and I see the FTP service under "Lab Connection" tab, but I can't add any FTP inbox, could you please help me to set a FTP server to communicate between Trios POD and for example dental lab through FTP server?
Thank you

C

CadGenius41

Reaction score
I struggling with trios pod and I see the FTP service under "Lab Connection" tab, but I can't add any FTP inbox, could you please help me to set a FTP server to communicate between Trios POD and for example dental lab through FTP server?
Thank you

C

CadGenius41

Reaction score
Trios does not use FTP any more. You need to set up a 3Shape Communicate account. You need to set up a Clinic account from the Trios and then the lab you want to send to needs to set up a lab account.
Once you set up your account 3Shape will send a confirmation email, you need to accept this email. After both accounts have been except, you need to connect to one another. Log into the communicate website and under connection you need to search for either the Clinic or the lab and make sure you search with the email address that either the Clinic or Lab signed up with. Once you connect another email is sent to confirm that you would like to connect. Then you should be good to go. Once in the Trios Order you will see that lab in the lab drop down. Scan and then send.

Now if you have a Trios Pod and the Dental Software all on the same PC, you can do a Direct Connect send, takes a few minutes to send. Go to you Dental Control Panel, under 3Shape Communicate, there is an option to enable Direct Connect, activate this, a new Folder will be created, say Yes to that. Copy the Folder Path. Now open up your Trios software, go to Lab connections, add a new Direct Connection, Make a name for you lab and then paste in the Folder path to the next spot below where you made a lab name. Test Connection and say OK, Now you can scan and send directly to yourself. Note this is only if you have Dental Software on you POD PC. If you don't have Direct Connect option have your Reseller send an email to 3SHape they will enable it on your dongle. Usually the new versions already have this on your dongle.

Hope this helps

J

Joao Pedro

Reaction score
Hi guys, how are you all? sorry to bother you but im thinking to buy a trios pod color but it comes with no software i know they use to have a little usb pen with the software does anyone have this? can any one zip and upload to dropbox, skydrive or any otherplace so i can test the pod before i purchase it? Please guys if you can please help me out. Kind regards

Labmouse

Labmouse

Reaction score
Hi guys! Im using ApplianceDesigner progmam (im beginner) and i need to create appliance wich is covering both, upper and lower arch. For that i need occlusal bite to place jaws to required position. How can i do it with my program? Is here someone who is skilled 3Shape ApplianceDesigner user?

Dominick

Dominick

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a user manual for 3shape....go to control panel...click download center on bottom left...update the list... then find your language...download then open

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi guys! Im using ApplianceDesigner progmam (im beginner) and i need to create appliance wich is covering both, upper and lower arch. For that i need occlusal bite to place jaws to required position. How can i do it with my program? Is here someone who is skilled 3Shape ApplianceDesigner user?
3shape has a wide array of programs, and for ortho has hits own application. its not Dental Designer.

however, if you wanted to design a splint using Dental designer you need the mx and md models to be scanned as Unsectioned, create a full 12 or 14 or 16 unit "copings" for the full arch (lower). place the coping margins around the teeth, making sure the interproximal margins get drawn overtop of the interproximal corners of the teeth, and use the Add/remove/sculpt tools to morph it to the bite.

its a time consuming, dirty trick but it works.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

Check out Lee Cain on You tube.

She has uploaded a video on appliances and many others.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
What do you mean ByDentalLab?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Spamming the thread. Thanks a ton!