3shape scanner problem

Adolfo

Adolfo

Reaction score
Problems with 3shape?.
Pray three prayers , lift the left foot , touch your right elbow to your left knee and restart your computer while spitting on the hard drive ...
Problem solved !

A

Andrew Singer

Reaction score
Hi all,

We have a 3Shape D710 scanner and this morning the scan server 5 software gives the error 'no image capture' during calibration. Our support company tried to debug it remotely but had no sucess.

Have any of you had a similar issue?

Thanks for your help.

Eric

Hi Eric

I'm with 3Shape. Please send an email and we'll have support contact you.

Thanks,
Andrew

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
What was the problem annsman?

l3rodie

l3rodie

Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue, spent close to 50 hours on the phone with re-seller tech support, AND 3shape tech support. This has happened many times to us. We cant keep using the same PC that the scanner actually seems to work on, MUST transfer to a new (self built) PC. Would really like an explanation of the fix if at all possible. Sick to death of playing USB magical chairs and having to swap dedicated PCI cards.

Shouldnt this be an easy fix? And shouldnt this be something 3shape actually posts an answer for.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

-Sincerely, EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED

l3rodie

l3rodie

Reaction score
Hi Eric

I'm with 3Shape. Please send an email and we'll have support contact you.

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew! Im having the same issue. What is the fix? Weve tried everything. New dedicated PCI card, weve tried every combination of Dental Manager with every combination of Scan Server (and Scan Suite),still having issues when we go to calibrate the scanner, it goes through the first phase of callibaration with nothing inside the scanner but the next step where it asks for the lighted dot plate it gives the error message "no image data received". We have the 700, running .5-Dental Manager on a brand new custom built PC with top of the line hardware all the way around. You litterally coulndt build a better tower than we have right now. What could be the problem???????????????????????????????

A

Andrew Singer

Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue, spent close to 50 hours on the phone with re-seller tech support, AND 3shape tech support. This has happened many times to us. We cant keep using the same PC that the scanner actually seems to work on, MUST transfer to a new (self built) PC. Would really like an explanation of the fix if at all possible. Sick to death of playing USB magical chairs and having to swap dedicated PCI cards.

Shouldnt this be an easy fix? And shouldnt this be something 3shape actually posts an answer for.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

-Sincerely, EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED

Hi - just saw your post - sorry for the delay....Send me an email and we'll have support contact you.

P

Piers Davies-Smith

Reaction score
Hi Andrew,

I keep coming across this thread while trying to resolve this issue, I've tried literally everything I can think of.

It works on one older computer but not on this newer one. I have tried putting in a dedicated USB 2.0 card, installing Windows 7 instead of 8.1, reinstalling the software, running in compatibility mode, admin rights, manually creating the folder where images should be outputted, replacing system DLL files relating to the isntaller, 64 bit and 32 bit versions (from program files and program files x86),marginally older versions of the software, fully updating windows.

Nothing makes any difference, it still comes up with this error below!

Please help!
HuzTzH4.png

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
Hi Andrew,

I keep coming across this thread while trying to resolve this issue, I've tried literally everything I can think of.

It works on one older computer but not on this newer one. I have tried putting in a dedicated USB 2.0 card, installing Windows 7 instead of 8.1, reinstalling the software, running in compatibility mode, admin rights, manually creating the folder where images should be outputted, replacing system DLL files relating to the isntaller, 64 bit and 32 bit versions (from program files and program files x86),marginally older versions of the software, fully updating windows.

Nothing makes any difference, it still comes up with this error below!
Do you have SlimDX Runtime installed?

P

Piers Davies-Smith

Reaction score
I just checked and the SlimDX Runtime for .NET 4.0 x64 was installed already.

I installed it for 4.0 x64 and 2.0 too but it still the same.

I also enabled every sub feature in .NET for 3.5 and 4.5 just in case.

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
I'm having issues with our scanner too... a little different from this specific problem, though. This is the error I'm getting:
upload_2018-5-25_11-35-54.png
I'm using an E2 scanner. Just by watching it, I can see that something's wrong, because the plate is turned at an angle and it always defaults back to that position when it's done trying. I also notice that the scan is not actually scanning the dot plate [with the blue lasers] but just turning it around with the lamp on.

I've tried switching usb ports, moving to a dedicated PCI, unplugging, calibrating... not sure what else to try other than a different computer.

For the record... it does still scan. Sorta. But you have the position the model on the plate compensating for the fact that the plate as at an angle.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
You need to contact your 3Shape Reseller. I believe it's a camera issue. You'll more than likely need to send the scanner in for repair.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
that will be the best thing for sure, but what happens if you uninstall the scan software and reinstall?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I've seen this issue...need to send it in. Lol.

This is why I always default to the re-seller. It is what they get paid the maintenance fee for. When errors pop up like this, in my experience, rarely has anyone outside of the re-seller has been able to assist.

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
Well, I'll know if it happens again to send it in... after scanning a big case it seems to have corrected itself somehow...? Hmmmm

Still, good to know there's nothing I can really do if it comes up again, unless it mysteriously rights itself like that. Let's hope it decided it's going to work for good. Thanks!

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Well, I'll know if it happens again to send it in... after scanning a big case it seems to have corrected itself somehow...? Hmmmm

Still, good to know there's nothing I can really do if it comes up again, unless it mysteriously rights itself like that. Let's hope it decided it's going to work for good. Thanks!

Glad it fixed itself for you! Hope it keeps up the good work!

M

Murat Alp

Reaction score
So we finally got on the phone with 3Shape. They weren't much help. The tech was stuck on the fact that we built our own computer. He was saying that because of that he really couldn’t help much.
The one topic that he and you guys both mentioned was the pci connection couldn’t be shared with anything else. And it was not, but but at that point he hit a dead end. My son asked if installing a dedicated pci card might help. "No Couldn't possibly help. You need to send the scanner in" So my son in his infinite stubbornness went to PC Recycle and picked up a used card for five bucks.
You guessed it......runs fine now.

A big thank you to all of you.

I have the same issue with my D700 scanner. Could you please send me the specification om which usb expansion card you used.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
you can get any usb 2.0 card that is compatible with your version of windows. Or you can get 3.0 usb and run everything but the scanner through that if you have enough ports, and run the scanner through the factory usb 2.0

Top Bottom