3shape or Exocad

Which design software do you prefer?

• Total voters
Solaris

Solaris

Reaction score
Hi Patrick, nice explanation and thanks for your time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Hi Patrick, nice explanation and thanks for your time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Always my pleasure! I try not to sell (not my job here),just explain as best I can materials, steps, or differences (totally my job and fits my passion to educate).

DonSinke Lab

DonSinke Lab

Reaction score
vote goes to....3 Shape... easier to use interface.. child friendly

Solaris

Solaris

Reaction score
I have both systems and I still think each system has its own strength . but if you want me to vote then I will vote for exocad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy

Holy

Reaction score
No, I got my Medit hybrid and exocad from him and we had some issues with the dimension of our milled zirconia , wax even printed models.
I know it has nothing to do with the scanner and the Exocad software needs to be adjusted to find the right parameters.
I will contact the exocad directly since the dealer is not interested to solve our problem but very much after selling yet another CAM software.

i am using medit but never had an issue with size of milled products. what CAM software you using? I am using SUM3D.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi All,
There is a problem with this poll. To obtain reliable info you need input form labs with both. Obviously, most that respond have one or the other and will likely favor the CAD they purchased.
How about letting us know what you love and what you hate about the cad you have....

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Its very rare for anyone to jump ships from one platform to the other unless money is the route. Not judging here but both platforms are equally robust. I prefer 3shape since I know the software and have tweaked it to my best interests, and that the trios integration is very seamless and will allow much simpler paths digital to digital.

With that said I like EXO as well, has some really cool things that are slightly different than 3shape but essentially the same. I think if I had started with Exo it would be my choice as well if Trios didn't gain such a foothold with my clients

Solaris

Solaris

Reaction score
i am using medit but never had an issue with size of milled products. what CAM software you using? I am using SUM3D.

The CAD software is from Wieland.

Solaris

Solaris

Reaction score
Its very rare for anyone to jump ships from one platform to the other unless money is the route. Not judging here but both platforms are equally robust. I prefer 3shape since I know the software and have tweaked it to my best interests, and that the trios integration is very seamless and will allow much simpler paths digital to digital.

With that said I like EXO as well, has some really cool things that are slightly different than 3shape but essentially the same. I think if I had started with Exo it would be my choice as well if Trios didn't gain such a foothold with my clients

It is not rare at all, most big labs are using multiple platforms. If money would be an issue then paying for 2 platform and keeping both is not economical at all.
I did not wanted to be nail down by 3shape , the software is good but the company as whole is not.
Ask many labs and they will tell you why.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It is not rare at all, most big labs are using multiple platforms. If money would be an issue then paying for 2 platform and keeping both is not economical at all.
I did not wanted to be nail down by 3shape , the software is good but the company as whole is not.

Give me an example of just one dental company that each and every lab on the ficken planet can agree on is the best..:pop:

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score

I think you misread what I was trying to convey. This poll was about personal preference not a labs business decision to have both platforms in house.

What I was trying to convey is like Bob stated "Many" techs feel the most connection/confort/loyalty to the platform they understand and use the most of. This doesn't necessarily mean its a better path just the one I and many have taken.

I have Zero issues with 3shape I think the company is progressive and is constantly pushing and growing. I see great things coming as well.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Different people work better with different toolsets. We don't all like Trance, Opera, and big hair ballads. It'd be a boring world if we did.

I think the real question is which will adjust to your needs and workflow while remaining accessible and understandable to anyone else who sits at your station.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Agreed JMN but I do like Don't go away mad by the crue.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Agreed JMN but I do like Don't go away mad by the crue.
Perfect example. Intersecting overlapping interests open doors.
Duplication closes them, if you agree completely with someone, what can either add to the other.
And I'm gonna duck out now before I derail this any further.

W

Wayoutwest

Reaction score
I have had a 3shape for about 4yrs now and like the program its easy to use and has glitches with each new software update. What drives me crazy is they charge you a boat load of money for each and every thing you use and still get to pay for all the glitches each year. I have a friend with another lab using both platforms and he says each platform has there own strengths, especially when designing abutments are involved. Difference is pay each year for 3shape or pay one lump sum for EXO Cad and update when you want and pay for that then. Not sure what the update fee is forgot to check that out. My feeling about 3Shape is for the price you pay each year you should have a product that does not have crash glitches as much as I am getting. I am seriously thinking about going to EXO but need to visit my friend to see a EXO in action and get a feel for it before spending the money.Deal

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We can always merge this thread with the word association thread.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I have had a 3shape for about 4yrs now and like the program its easy to use and has glitches with each new software update. What drives me crazy is they charge you a boat load of money for each and every thing you use and still get to pay for all the glitches each year. I have a friend with another lab using both platforms and he says each platform has there own strengths, especially when designing abutments are involved. Difference is pay each year for 3shape or pay one lump sum for EXO Cad and update when you want and pay for that then. Not sure what the update fee is forgot to check that out. My feeling about 3Shape is for the price you pay each year you should have a product that does not have crash glitches as much as I am getting. I am seriously thinking about going to EXO but need to visit my friend to see a EXO in action and get a feel for it before spending the money.Deal
I think there was a thread about crashes and glitches with Exocad, but it didn't get any posts.;)

Top Bottom