3shape design question.

Holy

Holy

Reaction score
Hi

I been trying to figure out how to put 1 molar on 2 bicuspid preps. So basically the molar will have 2 margins. is it even possible?

thank you in advance

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Maybe call it one tooth in work order setup, scan it as unsectioned, detect tooth in middle of preps rather than on the prep and then you can mark margins as needed?
Just thinking out loud

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Maybe call it one tooth in work order setup, scan it as unsectioned, detect tooth in middle of preps rather than on the prep and then you can mark margins as needed?
Just thinking out loud

THIS^

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Just thinking out loud

Has to be done as an unsectioned model. But then the margin in between the preps is gonna be the trick. But it can be done with a little bit of ingenuity.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
hmmm... what about calling it two teeth or a crown and a coping. stretch the crown over the coping. if you call it two crowns then just shrink the second crown. ensure the correct crown is stretched over the other.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I never tried the above suggestion. So I would just manually adjust the default design of the molar. Takes a while, but that's the best way I know how.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
shrink 2nd tooth.

My employee, Lauren is good at these tricks.

She even had Two units on One implant, with implant right smack in the middle.

It was a 3 unit bridge set-up in the case data with both pontics cantilevered, then she shrank the center tooth and stretched the other Two over the Central abutment.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I would select 2 bicuspids ,bridge, and then morph them into a molar.

Holy

Holy

Reaction score
I tried that and didn't work. basically, molar will block out bicuspid prep as well as margin.

shrink 2nd tooth.

My employee, Lauren is good at these tricks.

She even had Two units on One implant, with implant right smack in the middle.

It was a 3 unit bridge set-up in the case data with both pontics cantilevered, then she shrank the center tooth and stretched the other Two over the Central abutment.

Holy

Holy

Reaction score
Has to be done as an unsectioned model. But then the margin in between the preps is gonna be the trick. But it can be done with a little bit of ingenuity.

yeah this part I couldnt get it right.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, we use exocad and it is happy to accept our rediculous designs.

dunno about how to do it in 3shape.

RKM was saying to simply use waxing tools to smooth and add two premolars into One molar looking thingy.

I am sure that idea would work.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Never had that problem in wax. Just saying.
LCM

D

Dziora

Reaction score
Select one teeth as a molar, second premolar, make a brigde (I think connection type "none" would work the best). In design mode try to save the oclusal anatomy of the molar and cover the whole area of the preps with it. Shrink as much premolar as possible. On the Finalize stage youll have good oclusion, and 2 pieces connected as 1, so just add the rest of the tooth as needed.

D

dental cad solutions

Reaction score
Hi

I been trying to figure out how to put 1 molar on 2 bicuspid preps. So basically the molar will have 2 margins. is it even possible?

thank you in advance

Ok, 1 molar 2 margins. Setup the order form as 1 crown and 1 standard frame bridged.

Top Bottom