3D Denture Resins Bases and Teeth?

LabRat23

LabRat23

Reaction score
Hey guys ive read alot on here about current and old materials, the past events I have seen decent strides in digital dentures and I was wondering what everyone uses for resins and printers? We were thinking the Lucitone and a UV max and Ultra from asiga to print our own teeth and bases, I have also hear horror stories of both from people on here, is anyone successfully printing 3d dentures if so what system and resin? Thanks!

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
We use Lucitone Base and dentca teeth, printed on our Carbons and (for the teeth) our Max.
I've heard very little bad about the Max design, it's very well-established and is reliable and accurate, it just has a small build plate. Conversely, I've heard almost nothing about the Ultra, either good or bad, because it's barely available to consumers at all at this point.
It's hard to go wrong with the Max, but the Ultra is still an unknown quantity. I always hold off for a while with new machines, just to see if there are any chronic issues that crop up after a while; the 4K definitely has problems that wouldn't have cropped up for a while after release.

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
We use Lucitone print resin and Lucitone IPN resin in Asiga Max and the Dentsply prime print. It seems to be working out. The fit is really good. Some issues with misprints with the Asiga at first. Prime print system has bugs to fix yet. Some issues with discolouration of the bases. (Needs strict cleaning protocols). Seems to be durable. I did have a breakage in one a few weeks ago but I don’t consider them to be fragile at all. Time will tell.

M

Matt Weigand

Reaction score
We use Lucitone print resin and Lucitone IPN resin in Asiga Max and the Dentsply prime print. It seems to be working out. The fit is really good. Some issues with misprints with the Asiga at first. Prime print system has bugs to fix yet. Some issues with discolouration of the bases. (Needs strict cleaning protocols). Seems to be durable. I did have a breakage in one a few weeks ago but I don’t consider them to be fragile at all. Time will tell.
We have a zero success with Lucitone 3D printed dentures. We were an early adapter (right around the start of covid) and had some serious breakage issues and tooth debonding. We currently use flexcera but still have some issues with those as well. All of the bases just look like bubble gum unless characterized. But we don't have any customers willing to shell out the extra money to add light cure characterization.

We currently are milling ivoclar discs for most dentures. But we still from time to time have debonding issues.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
We have a zero success with Lucitone 3D printed dentures. We were an early adapter (right around the start of covid) and had some serious breakage issues and tooth debonding. We currently use flexcera but still have some issues with those as well. All of the bases just look like bubble gum unless characterized. But we don't have any customers willing to shell out the extra money to add light cure characterization.

We currently are milling ivoclar discs for most dentures. But we still from time to time have debonding issues.
Why not monolithic ivotion?

M

Matt Weigand

Reaction score
We do that as well. Price difference for customers. That most won't pay. And ivotion I would say can only handle 6 out of 10 cases.