Phrozen Mini UK

H

HowLite Dental Lab

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

3D printing newbie here... I did a fair amount of research on 3D printers for our lab. I think I would much rather have a few small printers than 1 big one for the applications needed. I am looking for a printer that can print surgical guides, denture base and denture teeth.

I narrowed down my search to Phrozen and ackuretta. However, a few people on here were praising the Phrozen Mini, and with the price of that it looks like the perfect option as phrozen supports NextDentand Saremco resins.

My question is, can you use NextDent resins in the UK on the Phrozen Mini 4k?
I know you can use them for the Phrozen sonic 4k which is about 10x the price because it's got the "dental" label on it.

Thanks in advance :)

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Not too sure about NextDent in Europe. But there is a resin company called Power Resins that is validated and approved in Europe for use with the Sonic Mini 4k. They have denture and Temp resins that can be printed on the mini. I made the mistake of purchasing it seeing that it said Class 11a medical device but not realizing it was the CE (Europe) classification and not FDA. They understood and returned my money once I returned the products.

One disclaimer their settings need work. It tends to stick much more on the film than any resin I used before. Let me know if you do go through with it to see how it went.

H

HowLite Dental Lab

Reaction score
Mightymouse, I was hoping to get a reply from you. Thank you very much for all the helpful info you've been sharing on here!

I think I'm going to go through with it. I know NextDent are approved here for dental use, I just wasn't sure if it was listed on the Mini 4k's sofware resin list.
After watching a youtube video of someone using it, I can tell it is!

I will also have a look at Power Resins, thanks so much!

Any reading material you can direct me to for tips and tricks on printing dental devices? for example optimal angling, resolution, resins...etc etc?

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
I use to have a pdf of angulation parameters from Sprintray but not anymore. The resin company usually tells you in the instructions of use page which angle to orientate, clean and post cure. Tedious but necessary as not all materials have the same specific post-clean and cure steps. Good luck.

Last edited:
S

Snapper

Reaction score
Thanks to Mr Mouse and your diligent posts, we grabbed a Phrozen Mini 8k -figuring any reasonable printer at 1,000 Aust Dollars can be switched out for a larger build plate unit when more choices arrive at 8K / 23um stated resolution.
Unlike the dental suppliers, there is no printer tech support but the dental resins offer settings for the Phrozen Mini 4K and we'll run with that

You can run 2 units for implant models with gums or dentures at this price

H

HowLite Dental Lab

Reaction score
I'm finding it hard to get the phrozen wash and cure kit in the UK. Does it need to be phrozen's or can I just grab any wash and cure kits?

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Yes and no. Depends on the application of the resin. I’m assuming Europe is similar to USA in terms of validated protocol for wash and cure if it goes in the mouth.

If you’re just doing models then find the cheapest solution for wash. Could be as simple as two containers. One for the first IPA bath (dirty) and second for clean bath. Light source you can get a cheap option as well just make sure it has the right light source.

If the resin you’re using plans to go in the mouth then your going to have do so more research. Resin companies have validated cureboxes. Going outside of that is a legal tightrope. Best approach is to future proof your purchase by getting a curebox that works with a number of resins you want to use now and in the future.

Datguypeter

Datguypeter

Reaction score
Not too sure about NextDent in Europe. But there is a resin company called Power Resins that is validated and approved in Europe for use with the Sonic Mini 4k. They have denture and Temp resins that can be printed on the mini. I made the mistake of purchasing it seeing that it said Class 11a medical device but not realizing it was the CE (Europe) classification and not FDA. They understood and returned my money once I returned the products.

One disclaimer their settings need work. It tends to stick much more on the film than any resin I used before. Let me know if you do go through with it to see how it went.
Isnt the CE Certification useless as it isnt verified by any third parties?

Top Bottom