2014 3shape error with inlay design?

GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
We are experiencing a problem with the 2014 inlay design. Struggles through smile composer, and then crashes during sculpt. It reports a stack overflow error and crashes. Tried rescanning, different materials, different computers, restarting etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i too have had some issue with this and have had nearly no luck fixing it, however i do notice it gets easier (but still crashes randomly) reverting all the way back to 2012.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Looks like I'll be updating our systems to 2014 about October. Anymore major bugs I should know about?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
smile composer is bugged and for single units it auto-smooths your full contours. simple remedy is to open the anatomy library again. i have documented the fix in the 2014 thread.

other than that, some random hiccups.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
smile composer is bugged and for single units it auto-smooths your full contours. simple remedy is to open the anatomy library again. i have documented the fix in the 2014 thread.

other than that, some random hiccups.
you are correct, Luke. opening the anatomy lib again seems to fix it. i have only run into this type of error once and that was the fix. since then its been fine.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
There are many little bugs in 2.9.9.3 that has me screaming at the monitor,

1) cut to antagonist randomly doesn't work at times,
2) cut to contacts randomly will pull holes through proposal.
3) Large cut back cases bog the system to glitchy state.

While the auto placement of proposal on singles is much improved I still liked the old feature where you could set you contact points rather than the computer guessing where you want them prior to going to sculpt. This is most noticeable on rotated teeth

I did do some inlays this past week but did not remember having any issues with it.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Crap, just realized I was on .2.

If you never make a decision then your possibilities are endless.

GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. Ended up scanning a new model and die. Everything worked ok. The original model had a chipped die so we imported a separate die originally. It oriented fine, so not sure what the original problem was. We did another inlay also and did not have any problems.

We printed the file with the PJ 1200 and the fit was good, but the occlusion was high....Still tweaking. That is another thread...

Top Bottom